Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bobby Rohrkemper Bobby  Rohrkemper is offline

Default something as good as musicmatch for the mac?

Can someone tell me if there is an on-demand music service for the mac?
Subscription based would be fine. I am more than willing to pay for
either streaming music or some kind of all-you-can-eat service. It
would be nice to have the following features:

- availability of most songs
- ability to play any single song at any time or full albums, songs by
a particular artist, etc
- creating playlists
- runs on the mac
- recommendations of similar artists

I know of the following servies, but they all fall short of some of the
above criteria:
- Pandora.com
- last.fm
- Rhapsody
- Yahoo Music
- Musicmatch
- Virgin Radio

Also, has anyone successfully run Musicmatch with a windows emulator
program on an intel mac? I will probably upgrade to an intel mac
within a year, so this might also solve the problem. Does the audio
skip very often? This was the problem I had before with VirtualPC.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien Bernier Julien Bernier is offline

What are you doing on rec.audio.pro for that type of question?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien Bernier Julien Bernier is offline

Oh yeah... Isn't what iTunes for?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lon Lon is offline

The only thing close is the web-based version of Rhapsody. But I wouldn't
recommend it.

Get a PC for that and one of the PC services. Hey, I thought Mac's were
supposed to me the best all around entertainment and music platform? : )

ups.com...