Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil Rutman Neil Rutman is offline

Default UAD-1 Neve 33609

I've got the UA $50 coupon burning a whole in my pocket (expires in a week).
I think the 33609 plug sounds great but one instance consumes nearly 70% of
the UAD-1 card. The SE version uses less but doesn't sound as good. I'm not
in the market for a second card at the moment so my question is:

If I use 33609 SE version on the master buss through out production and
then remove it to mix the song down (making sure I don't clip), so I can
then use the full version (at same setting as SE version) to process the
resulting track, will it theoretically sound better than the pre mixdown
version with 33609SE on the buss?

I would have liked to have done this experiment on my own but my timed demo
has expired. Is this just a crazy way to work? My apologies to all those who
do not believe in buss compressors, plug-ins or anything else they may find
offensive in this post.

Neil R