Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Two hits and a miss

Recent LP finds:

1. Classic Records/RCA: Dvorak: Cello Concerto Munch/Piatigorsky/BSO

This is one of the Wilcox RCA productions. Munch and the BSO sound
uninterested and GP only slightly better. The sound is uninvolving; not
gross, just not special.

2. Speakers Corner/Decca: Falla: The Three Cornered Hat
Ansermet/Suisse Romande

One of the best recordings I've yet heard. SUPER playing and
interpretation. The recorded sound is very, very good; better than any
CD that I've heard. Timbres are excellent. A "must have" IMO.

3. Speakers Corner/Harmonia Mundi France: Dances Anciennes de Homgrie
et de Transylvanie Clemencic Consort

The music is a bit of an "acquired taste" but if you are into it, this
is a fine disk: very good playing, excellent sound.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B Margaret von B is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
Recent LP finds:

1. Classic Records/RCA: Dvorak: Cello Concerto Munch/Piatigorsky/BSO

This is one of the Wilcox RCA productions. Munch and the BSO sound
uninterested and GP only slightly better. The sound is uninvolving; not
gross, just not special.

2. Speakers Corner/Decca: Falla: The Three Cornered Hat
Ansermet/Suisse Romande

One of the best recordings I've yet heard. SUPER playing and
interpretation. The recorded sound is very, very good; better than any
CD that I've heard.

Hi Jenn!

How/why is it better than *any* CD? I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900 multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers. Also my Nagra digital and
Tandberg analog R2Rs will trounce any turntable that I know of. This is not
to say that records cannot sound marvelous but it is an inherently flawed
media. Of course there is no accounting for taste.

Cheers!

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

"Margaret von B" said:

Hi Jenn!

snip

Hey Maggie, how about that value assessment of our respective systems?
I still like to know whether my dick's bigger than anyone else's.. ;-)

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"Margaret von B" said:

Hi Jenn!

snip

Hey Maggie, how about that value assessment of our respective systems?
I still like to know whether my dick's bigger than anyone else's.. ;-)

You're all balls Sander

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Margaret von B" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

Recent LP finds:

1. Classic Records/RCA: Dvorak: Cello Concerto Munch/Piatigorsky/BSO

This is one of the Wilcox RCA productions. Munch and the BSO sound
uninterested and GP only slightly better. The sound is uninvolving; not
gross, just not special.

2. Speakers Corner/Decca: Falla: The Three Cornered Hat
Ansermet/Suisse Romande

One of the best recordings I've yet heard. SUPER playing and
interpretation. The recorded sound is very, very good; better than any
CD that I've heard.

Hi Jenn!

Howdy Margaret

How/why is it better than *any* CD?

I've yet to hear the presentation of instrumental and vocal timbres from
any digital media as good as the best LPs.

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900 multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

Also my Nagra digital and
Tandberg analog R2Rs will trounce any turntable that I know of.

I know that this might well be true, but I have no desire to start
another media collection ;-)

This is not
to say that records cannot sound marvelous but it is an inherently flawed
media. Of course there is no accounting for taste.

Yep.

Cheers!

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

Sander deWaal wrote:
"Margaret von B" said:

Hi Jenn!

snip

Hey Maggie, how about that value assessment of our respective systems?
I still like to know whether my dick's bigger than anyone else's.. ;-)

Sorry...mine's bigger, and it smells minty fresh, too.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Margaret von B" said:

Hi Jenn!

snip

Hey Maggie, how about that value assessment of our respective systems?
I still like to know whether my dick's bigger than anyone else's.. ;-)

Oh dear...I'll get there this weekend. Work is just interfering with my
hobbies. Sorry.

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Margaret von B wrote:

and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900 multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

You just had to get that $3k in didn't you ? A girlie wouldn't do that. Outed again !

Incidentally my Denon CD player was ~ £700 when it was released. Probably in
inflation adjusted terms roughly equal to the cost of yours now.

So there !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

ScottW wrote:

"Sander deWaal" wrote
"Margaret von B" said:

Hi Jenn!

snip

Hey Maggie, how about that value assessment of our respective systems?
I still like to know whether my dick's bigger than anyone else's.. ;-)

You're all balls Sander

Whereas you're all dick !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900 multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate possessions !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900
multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate
possessions !

Graham

I heard something therefore I'm "bragging" about it? Lame.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:16:51 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Incidentally my Denon CD player was ~ £700 when it was released. Probably in
inflation adjusted terms roughly equal to the cost of yours now.

So there !

Graham

Are you trying to start a ****ing contest, Graham? That will certainly
flush out who's who. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Jenn wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jenn wrote:
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900
multiformat player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate
possessions !

Graham

I heard something therefore I'm "bragging" about it? Lame.

I was referring to the price comparison !

That's very ungirly to do that !"

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

paul packer wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:16:51 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

Incidentally my Denon CD player was ~ £700 when it was released. Probably in
inflation adjusted terms roughly equal to the cost of yours now.

So there !

Graham

Are you trying to start a ****ing contest, Graham? That will certainly
flush out who's who. :-)

Just responding in kind. That's all.

Of course I got mine with a 'professional discount' ! A mere £500 !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

paul packer wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:16:51 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

Incidentally my Denon CD player was ~ £700 when it was released. Probably in
inflation adjusted terms roughly equal to the cost of yours now.

So there !

Graham

Are you trying to start a ****ing contest, Graham? That will certainly
flush out who's who. :-)

Does anyone object to Denon CD players ?

Of all the Japanese companies, Denon were the first with credible professional CD
editing / mastering kit.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B Margaret von B is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900
multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate
possessions !

Graham

I heard something therefore I'm "bragging" about it? Lame.

Eyesore is obviously lame in more ways than one.

Cheers!

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Margaret von B wrote:

Eyesore is obviously lame in more ways than one.

Is that so ?

But then again..... you're not actually a woman !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Jenn wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jenn wrote:
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900
multiformat player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate
possessions !

Graham

I heard something therefore I'm "bragging" about it? Lame.

I was referring to the price comparison !

That's very ungirly to do that !"

Graham

Good God... it was just FYI.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Jenn wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Jenn wrote:
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900
multiformat player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate
possessions !

Graham

I heard something therefore I'm "bragging" about it? Lame.

I was referring to the price comparison !

That's very ungirly to do that !"

Graham

Good God... it was just FYI.

You can never be too careful round here !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message

ScottW wrote:

"Sander deWaal" wrote
"Margaret von B" said:

Hi Jenn!

snip

Hey Maggie, how about that value assessment of our respective systems?
I still like to know whether my dick's bigger than anyone else's.. ;-)

You're all balls Sander

Whereas you're all dick !

Choke on it.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

Jenn wrote:
In article ,
"Margaret von B" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

My Naim CDX2 gives me similar hope.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Eeyore wrote:
paul packer wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:16:51 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

Incidentally my Denon CD player was ~ £700 when it was released. Probably in
inflation adjusted terms roughly equal to the cost of yours now.

So there !

Graham

Are you trying to start a ****ing contest, Graham? That will certainly
flush out who's who. :-)

Does anyone object to Denon CD players ?

Of all the Japanese companies, Denon were the first with credible professional CD
editing / mastering kit.

Graham

Denon is one of the better mid-fi companies, but their build quality is
as poor as any Japanese mass-market electronics company. I bought one
of their better DVD players (mostly because I didn't want to pay $4500
for the Naim), and it took a dump after a year.

The only truly respectable product they make, IMO, is the DL-103
cartridge.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mr Fox Mr Fox is offline

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:30:15 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
"Margaret von B" wrote:

I have an extensive library of music on
various media and some very excellent record players, some downright
insanely expensive, and yet none can beat my $3K Denon DVD-5900 multiformat
player playing, say, one of the JVC XRCD samplers.

I haven't heard that player, but I HAVE heard one player that gives me
hope about digital: the E.A.R. Acute, at around $5000.

No, no , no ! Girlies aren't supposed to brag about tedious inanimate possessions !

Graham

Stereotyping;
nice.