Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] iquitted@collegeclub.com is offline

Default Mp3 recorder

I've been planning on buying an mp3 player, but it occurred to me that
I should just kill two birds with one stone and buy one that can
record, too. Then I can record band rehearsals and stuff. Can someone
recommend one to me? I was thinking about getting the iRiver H10, but
it didn't get very good reviews on Amazon.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
LAB LAB is offline

Look for a iRiver H120 in eBay, then install Rockbox operating system.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
drichard drichard is offline

Hi,

I use an iRiver H320, and it works great for the purposes you've
described. It records to MP3 with the built-in firmware, or you can add
the Rockbox firmware to allow it to record to WAV. I use it as my MP3
player and also to record board mixes at gigs. Sound quality is very
good, and I'm very pleased with it.

Dean

wrote:
I've been planning on buying an mp3 player, but it occurred to me that
I should just kill two birds with one stone and buy one that can
record, too. Then I can record band rehearsals and stuff. Can someone
recommend one to me? I was thinking about getting the iRiver H10, but
it didn't get very good reviews on Amazon.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] gerrymcc@indigo.ie is offline

wrote:

I've been planning on buying an mp3 player, but it occurred to me that
I should just kill two birds with one stone and buy one that can
record, too. Then I can record band rehearsals and stuff. Can someone
recommend one to me? I was thinking about getting the iRiver H10, but
it didn't get very good reviews on Amazon.

I bought an Edirol r-09 last month, you can hear piano recordings at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~gerfmcc/audio.html. Most of the Irish
dance music ones were recorded with the R09 placed on the floor just
in front of the piano. Very easy as compared to the Gershwin one,
which required setting up microphone, interface and computer. It can
use 2 AA batteries, so I bought rechargeables, it's cheap to run. And
a 2GB card gives about 3.25 hours of stereo recording. Records in wav
or mp3 at several bit-rates etc. Some good reviews via google.
gerry