Posted to rec.audio.opinion
One4All One4All is offline

Default Off-Topic (OT) Posters

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes, prefacing
their topics by OT. I've realized that OT means Off Topic. Some do not
provide this preface.

It's to the credit of this NG that these people have somehow seen it as
a forum for their political views, with which I do not argue. Their
cause simply has no place, here. If it's Off Topic for the NG, then
take the topic to a NG where it is a topic. Or, maybe they're are too
chicken. The question is, What in the hell are they doing, here?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

One4All wrote:

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes

You're obviously not that familiar with r.a.o.

This is actually pretty good. In the absence of healthy debate it normally turns
into plain mud-slinging round here !

, prefacing
their topics by OT. I've realized that OT means Off Topic. Some do not
provide this preface.

It's to the credit of this NG that these people have somehow seen it as
a forum for their political views, with which I do not argue. Their
cause simply has no place, here. If it's Off Topic for the NG, then
take the topic to a NG where it is a topic. Or, maybe they're are too
chicken. The question is, What in the hell are they doing, here?

Check the archives ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

Eeyore wrote:
One4All wrote:

[...]

One4all is making a sensible plea for the RAO to return to its origins.
He makes it in a nonagressive, civilised fashion.
Telling him that RAO and you will continue doing what it and you have
been doing: namely conducting a street-corner "debating" by a mixture
of semi-literate true believers and neighbourhood loud-mouths, is a
sure bet..
..RAO is home from home for those whose families and neighbours get a
vacant look and move away muttering:"Here he goes again...". How could
one expect you and your mirror images to give up the wonderful
opportunity to trumpet your "opinions" at those powerless to avoid you?
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

wrote in message
ps.com...
Eeyore wrote:
One4All wrote:

[...]

Which are? I've been on here a long time and there has always
been off topic discussions.

He makes it in a nonagressive, civilised fashion.
Telling him that RAO and you will continue doing what it and you have
been doing: namely conducting a street-corner "debating" by a mixture
of semi-literate true believers and neighbourhood loud-mouths, is a
sure bet..
.RAO is home from home for those whose families and neighbours get a
vacant look and move away muttering:"Here he goes again...". How could
one expect you and your mirror images to give up the wonderful
opportunity to trumpet your "opinions" at those powerless to avoid you?
Ludovic Mirabel

What is wrong with a little comprimise? It so simple to filter
OT: marked posts if one wishes.
Do you want a dead group cuz that's what you may get.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

One4All wrote:

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes

You're obviously not that familiar with r.a.o.

This is actually pretty good. In the absence of healthy debate it normally
turns
into plain mud-slinging round here !

You and Scott are the principle "political posters." And you claim that by
going off topic, you're saving the group? You must have a very high opinion
of yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...
Eeyore wrote:
One4All wrote:

[...]

If we chip in and buy you a milk crate or soap box to stand on -- sorry, I
forgot, you'll need three -- will you take your OT stuff somewhere else. If
you can't respect a simple document called a newsgroup charter, then your
commitment to democracy is highly suspect.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Eeyore" wrote in message

One4All wrote:

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes

You're obviously not that familiar with r.a.o.

This is actually pretty good. In the absence of healthy debate it normally
turns
into plain mud-slinging round here !

You and Scott are the principle "political posters." And you claim that by
going off topic, you're saving the group? You must have a very high opinion of
yourself.

Or a low opinion of the group. Explain how your McCarty
tirades benefit the group.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

One4All wrote:

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes

You're obviously not that familiar with r.a.o.

This is actually pretty good. In the absence of healthy debate it normally
turns
into plain mud-slinging round here !

You and Scott are the principle "political posters."

Hardly.

And you claim that by going off topic, you're saving the group? You must have
a very high opinion
of yourself.

It strikes me as more informative that the usual abuse hurling.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

" wrote:

One4all is making a sensible plea for the RAO to return to its origins.
He makes it in a nonagressive, civilised fashion.

As I have likewise done several times too.

Telling him that RAO and you will continue doing what it and you have
been doing: namely conducting a street-corner "debating" by a mixture
of semi-literate true believers and neighbourhood loud-mouths, is a
sure bet..

Tell that to Middius for starters, not me. I only occasionally post here normally.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default RAO vs. the 'borgs

"George M. Middius" wrote:

It's
all very well for a newbie to chastise us for betraying the group's
charter

Is there one ?

, but when the wheel turns again, let's see how he deals with the
Krooborg and the Ferstlerian.

You simply don't like what they have to say, so you bugger things up.

Of any poster here, your audio contribution is not so much weak as entirely absent.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:

will you take your OT stuff somewhere else.

Coming from the arch-troll !!!!!

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

soundhaspriority wrote:

will you take your OT stuff somewhere else.

Coming from the arch-troll !!!!!

Graham

You and Scott are both OT ranters. You have no defence, except to accuse the
innocent.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

soundhaspriority wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

One4All wrote:

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting
good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes

You're obviously not that familiar with r.a.o.

This is actually pretty good. In the absence of healthy debate it
normally
turns
into plain mud-slinging round here !

You and Scott are the principle "political posters."

Hardly.

And you claim that by going off topic, you're saving the group? You must
have
a very high opinion
of yourself.

It strikes me as more informative that the usual abuse hurling.

Graham

Graham, people presumably come to this group because they like the title.
And then they see you and Scott going at each other like cats and dogs.
Whatever other faults this group has, you do it damage.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Poopie's head is apparently filled with the same Ultradensium as the
Krooborg's cranial structure.

, but when the wheel turns again, let's see how he deals with the
Krooborg and the Ferstlerian.

You simply don't like what they have to say, so you bugger things up.

Who said you're not completely clueless?

Of any poster here, your audio contribution is not so much weak as entirely absent.

Why thank you, Poopie. I can't tell you how much it means to receive
hearty disapproval from the likes of you.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
soundhaspriority wrote:

will you take your OT stuff somewhere else.

Coming from the arch-troll !!!!!

You and Scott are both OT ranters. You have no defence, except to accuse the
innocent.

You wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:

Graham, people presumably come to this group because they like the title.

I tried that approach once.

And then they see you and Scott going at each other like cats and dogs.

Actually I haven't really been going at Scott. Try reading the posts ?

Whatever other faults this group has, you do it damage.

I'm a positive saint with my posts compared to the usual name-calling in here.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

soundhaspriority wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
soundhaspriority wrote:

will you take your OT stuff somewhere else.

Coming from the arch-troll !!!!!

You and Scott are both OT ranters. You have no defence, except to accuse
the
innocent.

You wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

Graham

You sure do. You define it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

soundhaspriority wrote:

Graham, people presumably come to this group because they like the title.

I tried that approach once.

And then they see you and Scott going at each other like cats and dogs.

Actually I haven't really been going at Scott. Try reading the posts ?

Whatever other faults this group has, you do it damage.

I'm a positive saint with my posts compared to the usual name-calling in
here.

Graham

I've seen how you behave, Graham. Frankly, if I had a choice between
1. ceasing of your political posts
2. ceasing of your general nastiness
I'd prefer "2" and live with "1".

And BTW, my stereo is better than yours.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

One4All wrote:
It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes, prefacing
their topics by OT. I've realized that OT means Off Topic. Some do not
provide this preface.

It's to the credit of this NG that these people have somehow seen it as
a forum for their political views, with which I do not argue. Their
cause simply has no place, here. If it's Off Topic for the NG, then
take the topic to a NG where it is a topic. Or, maybe they're are too
chicken. The question is, What in the hell are they doing, here?

How to get people booted off whatever group you monitor and want to
police:

1. Forward to offending messages to the poster's ISP. Whine about it
being OT.

2. Prepare to get a form letter thanking you for your input, and about
how seriously the ISP takes Usenet abuse.

3. Wait for something to happen. Nothing will.

4. Deal with it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:22:00 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

I only occasionally post here normally.

Graham

Are you trying to tell us something, Graham?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 10:32:19 -0700, "ScottW"
wrote:

I've been on here a long time and there has always
been off topic discussions.

Could there be a link here?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
ups.com...

One4All wrote:
[...]

I got an abuse warning from my isp once. Funny thing was,
the post in question was on topic and the complaint
was generated by a bot so you coudn't even counter
complain. I sent my ISP a mail complaining
about the complaint and they sent their bot off to
deal with the complaining bot....I suspect those
two bots are still e-mailing each other.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

wrote:

I've been on here a long time and there has always
been off topic discussions.

Could there be a link here?

Nope, I lurked for a year before my first post...
and then Zip ripped me for my mild little post
which it turns out was a case of mistaken identity
on his part.
So I wasn't off topic until my 2nd post .

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

One4All wrote:
[...]

What was the subject?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

One4All wrote:
[...]

Vinyl IIRC. It was quite awhile ago.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

newsTZKg.45859$W01.538@dukeread08...

One4All wrote:

It's strange that a NG dedicated to educating listeners and sharing
listening experiences, audio components, and problems with getting good
sound has been hijacked by people with political causes

You're obviously not that familiar with r.a.o.

This is actually pretty good. In the absence of healthy debate it
normally turns
into plain mud-slinging round here !

You and Scott are the principle "political posters." And you claim that
by going off topic, you're saving the group? You must have a very high
opinion of yourself.

Or a low opinion of the group. Explain how your McCarty
tirades benefit the group.

ScottW

In response, two points:
1. My posts about McCarty do not generate threads. Usually, there is no
response, which is fine with me.
2. The benefit is this: in order to stop McCarty from pulling off a fraud,
which he is constantly scheming to do, it helps to shine a light on the
dirtbag. I don't claim my posts make r.a.o. a more pleasant read, but they
do help stop a man who is using audio as a cover for a fraud.

Take a look at http://www.coralseastudios.com, status page. He's claiming an
alliance with "Shanghai Area Film Studios." This is FALSE. Maybe somebody
about to be sucked in will read this, and avoid a swindle.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:

1. My posts about McCarty do not generate threads. Usually, there is no
response, which is fine with me.

Bwahahahahahahhaha

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

I only occasionally post here normally.

Graham

Are you trying to tell us something, Graham?

He is, but his brain was provided by "Abbie Normal".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

soundhaspriority wrote:

1. My posts about McCarty do not generate threads. Usually, there is no
response, which is fine with me.

Bwahahahahahahhaha

That was brilliant, Graham. Permit me to outdo you.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!