Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Schizoid Man Schizoid Man is offline

Default Opinions on Shure e3C

I bought a pair and really liked them. Then suddenly one day the left
channel sounded very odd - distant and devoid of any highs.

I called Shure and sent my pair back, which they did replace without any
questions (good customer sevice, btw). The replacement pair worked fine
for a couple of months and then exactly the same problem again. The same
channel too.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. I'm getting
quite tired of this and was considering trying out brands like Etymotics.

I've heard the ER 6i are very good sonically, but without the build
quality of the Shures.

I was just wondering if anyone could share some opinions on what would
be the best value for casual listening on the bus and at work using an iPod.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message
I bought a pair and really liked them. Then suddenly one day the left
channel sounded very odd - distant and devoid of any highs.

I called Shure and sent my pair back, which they did replace without any
questions (good customer sevice, btw). The replacement pair worked fine
for a couple of months and then exactly the same problem again. The same
channel too.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. I'm getting
quite tired of this and was considering trying out brands like Etymotics.

I've heard the ER 6i are very good sonically, but without the build
quality of the Shures.

I was just wondering if anyone could share some opinions on what would be
the best value for casual listening on the bus and at work using an iPod.

It appears that user reports are strongly influenced by whether a particular
model fits one's ears.
I found the very reasonable Sennheisers work for me.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

I bought a pair and really liked them. Then suddenly one day the left
channel sounded very odd - distant and devoid of any highs.

I called Shure and sent my pair back, which they did replace without any
questions (good customer sevice, btw). The replacement pair worked fine
for a couple of months and then exactly the same problem again. The same
channel too.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

I have a pair of E3Cs but I don't use them that steadily.

What are you using to drive them?

I'm getting quite tired of this and was considering trying out brands like
Etymotics.

You might want to take a look at Futuresonics offerings.

I've heard the ER 6i are very good sonically, but without the build
quality of the Shures.

I have a pair of ER6s and consider the Shure E3C and especially the the
Futuresonics to be sonically superior.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg demonstrates how easily he is hooked by a trumped-up
advertisement.

I have a pair of ER6s and consider the Shure E3C and especially the the
Futuresonics to be sonically superior.

Arnii, you're sweating. Stop stammering.

Now just admit you filched those 'phones from wherever you lifted them
because you know that anybody who advertises their wares in Stereophile
has a product worth owning.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Based upon the lack of concensus in user reports, it appears that a positive
experience results if a particular manufacturer's cushion design happens to
be compatible with a particular set of ears.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"soundhaspriority" wrote in message

[...]

Based upon the lack of concensus (sic) in user reports,

Being that this is RAO which is an audio wasteland, there aren't enough user
reports to judge anything from. MP3 player forums have a lot more activity
about audio in general, and earphones in particuar.

it appears that a positive experience results if a
particular manufacturer's cushion design happens to be
compatible with a particular set of ears.

If you had even trivial experience with any of the products being discussed
SHP, you'd know that:

(1) The products are shipped with a variety of cushions that are often of
different designs, materials, and sizes.

(2) Cushions for many of these products can be interchanged from one
manufacturer's earphone to another.

(3) Most earphones can be fitted with a custom earmold by a local or
mail-order hearing aid technican.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

If you had even trivial experience with any of the products being
discussed SHP, you'd know that:

(1) The products are shipped with a variety of cushions that are often of
different designs, materials, and sizes.

(2) Cushions for many of these products can be interchanged from one
manufacturer's earphone to another.

(3) Most earphones can be fitted with a custom earmold by a local or
mail-order hearing aid technican.

True, but you could have said that nicer.
But what's important to you is
not the answer, its the snot.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

If you had even trivial experience with any of the
products being discussed SHP, you'd know that:

(1) The products are shipped with a variety of cushions
that are often of different designs, materials, and
sizes. (2) Cushions for many of these products can be
interchanged from one manufacturer's earphone to another.

(3) Most earphones can be fitted with a custom earmold
by a local or mail-order hearing aid technican.

True, but you could have said that nicer.

But what's important to you is
not the answer, its the snot.

As if this isn't an example of you being snotty yourself, Art.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

If you had even trivial experience with any of the
products being discussed SHP, you'd know that:

(1) The products are shipped with a variety of cushions
that are often of different designs, materials, and
sizes. (2) Cushions for many of these products can be
interchanged from one manufacturer's earphone to another.

(3) Most earphones can be fitted with a custom earmold
by a local or mail-order hearing aid technican.

True, but you could have said that nicer.

But what's important to you is
not the answer, its the snot.

As if this isn't an example of you being snotty yourself, Art.

If you had even trivial experience with being a sane
and normal human being, you'd know the difference.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Edwin Hurwitz Edwin Hurwitz is offline

In article ,
Schizoid Man wrote:

I bought a pair and really liked them. Then suddenly one day the left
channel sounded very odd - distant and devoid of any highs.

I called Shure and sent my pair back, which they did replace without any
questions (good customer sevice, btw). The replacement pair worked fine
for a couple of months and then exactly the same problem again. The same
channel too.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. I'm getting
quite tired of this and was considering trying out brands like Etymotics.

I've heard the ER 6i are very good sonically, but without the build
quality of the Shures.

I was just wondering if anyone could share some opinions on what would
be the best value for casual listening on the bus and at work using an iPod.

It's quite possible that it's an earwax problem. My Etymotics were very
sensitive to this. These days I use Ultimate Ears dual drivers, but my
use is for in ear monitoring live on stage. I also liked the Westone
UM1s for the price. Neither of these have had the plugging up issues
that the Etymotics have.

Edwin