Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio,
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

Default I can retire now...maybe not

Ty Ford wrote in
:

Pro Audio Review's esteemed editor/publisher John Gatski has
graciously allowed me to write a feature story (instead of a
review) about techniques and gear in my own studio. The
concept for the story was how to make big sound in a small
studio. You'll find it in the back of the most recent issue;
August, I think.

Since this signifies the pinnacle of my career, I'm
considering retirement because it's all downhill from here. To
that end, my current options include repeating the phrase
"Would you like fries with that?" to complete strangers but,
wait!........Apparently there's a new StarTrek game coming out
and this coming week I'm booked to do four voices; Lo'Tal, a
Romulan Captain; Klingon Captain 4; Enterprise Captain 4
(Sommerset) and a TOS crew member.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Life is truly surreal.

Regards,

Better than "Repeating the phrase "Would you like fries with
that?" to complete strangers", convince McDonalds to replace
their service-droids with real robots. Also get them to pay you
a royalty for your recording "Would you like fries with that?"
based on sales of fries, for the use of your voice in those
robots..

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Or asking paper or plastic? Congrats by the way! I need to go get a
copy now.

Jim
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Haolemon Haolemon is offline

Ty Ford wrote:
..

but, wait!........Apparently there's a new StarTrek game coming out and this
coming week I'm booked to do four voices; Lo'Tal, a Romulan Captain;
Klingon Captain 4; Enterprise Captain 4 (Sommerset) and a TOS crew member.

Does the script allow for saying anything cool, like:

"All your bases are belong to us!"
or
"Resistance is futile!"

???

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
[email protected] rsmith@bsstudios.com is offline

Ty Ford wrote:
Pro Audio Review's esteemed editor/publisher John Gatski has graciously
allowed me to write a feature story (instead of a review) about techniques
and gear in my own studio. The concept for the story was how to make big
sound in a small studio. You'll find it in the back of the most recent issue;
August, I think.

Congratulations Ty! I'll have to read that article. Somehow I don't see
you retiring anytime soon; you'd get bored very quickly.

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Lorin David Schultz Lorin David Schultz is offline

Haolemon wrote:

Does the script allow for saying anything cool, like:

"All your bases are belong to us!"
or
"Resistance is futile!"

In what twisted universe would those lines be considered "cool?"

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
rickymix rickymix is offline

Lorin David Schultz wrote:
In what twisted universe would those lines be considered "cool?"

The TrekkyVerse!! (Same as the first! :)

Hi Lorin!
Congrats Ty!
Cheers, y'all!

Rick & Bucky.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
geezer geezer is offline

So now it's clear that the editorial staff of Pro Audio Review, along
with all its readership,
are members of the CronyMob !!

Ty Ford wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Ty Ford wrote:

Since this signifies the pinnacle of my career, I'm considering retirement
because it's all downhill from here.

Gatski must be getting lazy. He's even asked me to write a few things
for PAR.

Any further progress on your thoughts about retiring to California?
They have heat waves ouit there, too. g

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:39:44 -0400, Bob Quintal wrote
(in article ):

Ty Ford wrote in
:

[...]

DAMN! Why didn't I think of that! a Categoy 2 SAG industrial!

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:38:44 -0400, Haolemon wrote
(in article .com):

Ty Ford wrote:
.

but, wait!........Apparently there's a new StarTrek game coming out and this
coming week I'm booked to do four voices; Lo'Tal, a Romulan Captain;
Klingon Captain 4; Enterprise Captain 4 (Sommerset) and a TOS crew member.

Does the script allow for saying anything cool, like:

"All your bases are belong to us!"
or
"Resistance is futile!"

???

Apparently, I'm not a Borg, but I do get to say, "Captain, It's the Borg!",
"We have company", "Phasers Locked", "We're Under Attack", "Disengage Tractor
Beam" and many, many other fun lines.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Congratulations, there must be more opportunities to write, is a
columnist
higher on the on mountain? Game gig is cool, I'll probably hear it
eventually
around the house, or workplace :-)