Rich Andrews.

Default Rec.political.opinion?

Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

Arny Krueger

"Rich Andrews." wrote in message
.44
Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

It's been taken over by a bunch of anti-audio thugs.

There's other audio forums. Maybe we can petition Usenet to rename it.

MINe 109

In article ,
"Rich Andrews." wrote:

Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

You can only respond to Mrs. Miller posts so often.

Audio content: I was surprised to find a handful of DVD-A titles at
Waterloo Records priced under $10. Okay, Pentangle isn't exactly
mainstream, but finding the new Mavericks was good, especially at half
the equivalent cd list price.

Stephen
Arny Krueger

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Rich Andrews." wrote:

Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

You can only respond to Mrs. Miller posts so often.

Audio content: I was surprised to find a handful of DVD-A titles at
Waterloo Records priced under $10. Okay, Pentangle isn't exactly
mainstream, but finding the new Mavericks was good, especially at half
the equivalent cd list price.

Kind of ties in with the rumors that SACD & DVD-A are about ready to tank,
eh?

MINe 109

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Rich Andrews." wrote:

Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

You can only respond to Mrs. Miller posts so often.

Audio content: I was surprised to find a handful of DVD-A titles at
Waterloo Records priced under $10. Okay, Pentangle isn't exactly
mainstream, but finding the new Mavericks was good, especially at half
the equivalent cd list price.

Kind of ties in with the rumors that SACD & DVD-A are about ready to tank,
eh?

No, the opposite. I didn't notice DVD-As there before.

BTW, I just checked out a forum which faults the Pentangle for not
having a stereo mix, which would be bad enough, and for having
synthesized multi-channel.

Approach Silverline DVD-As with caution!

Stephen

Arny Krueger

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Rich Andrews." wrote:

Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

You can only respond to Mrs. Miller posts so often.

Audio content: I was surprised to find a handful of DVD-A titles at
Waterloo Records priced under $10. Okay, Pentangle isn't exactly
mainstream, but finding the new Mavericks was good, especially at
half the equivalent cd list price.

Kind of ties in with the rumors that SACD & DVD-A are about ready to
tank, eh?

No, the opposite. I didn't notice DVD-As there before.

The price man, the price!

BTW, I just checked out a forum which faults the Pentangle for not
having a stereo mix, which would be bad enough, and for having
synthesized multi-channel.

Nothing like all that DVD-A *realism*.

MINe 109

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Rich Andrews." wrote:

Is this rec.political.opinion? Hard to find an audio posting.

You can only respond to Mrs. Miller posts so often.

Audio content: I was surprised to find a handful of DVD-A titles at
Waterloo Records priced under $10. Okay, Pentangle isn't exactly
mainstream, but finding the new Mavericks was good, especially at
half the equivalent cd list price.

Kind of ties in with the rumors that SACD & DVD-A are about ready to
tank, eh?

No, the opposite. I didn't notice DVD-As there before.

The price man, the price!

It's common for classical dvds to be priced less than similar cds, so I
didn't think anything of the low price.

BTW, I just checked out a forum which faults the Pentangle for not
having a stereo mix, which would be bad enough, and for having
synthesized multi-channel.

Nothing like all that DVD-A *realism*.

Apparently the low price is possible because the label, Silverline,
doesn't pay licence frees for stereo mixes.

My Richard Thompson DVD-A still rocks!

Stephen
MINe 109

In article