MINe 109

Default For Sanders

In article ,
(ScottW) wrote:

Know your boy.

www.wintersoldier.com

or (if that link fails)

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php

Aside from the strawman of whether or not the incidents reflected
"American policy," Kerry's charges have been supported by recent
revelations of atrocities.

Still, gotta admire someone who went to war for their country.

Stephen
Mikermckelvy

From: MINe 109
Date: 3/16/04 1:28 PM Pacific Standard Time
In article ,
(ScottW) wrote:

Know your boy.

www.wintersoldier.com

or (if that link fails)

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php

Aside from the strawman of whether or not the incidents reflected
"American policy," Kerry's charges have been supported by recent
revelations of atrocities.

Still, gotta admire someone who went to war for their country.

Stephen

I don't know anyone who denigrates his time in Viet Nam, it's what he did
after.

I do find it odd that he put HIMSELF in for the Purple Heart!

That there were atrocities committed by Americans in RVN is not in question,
the extent and number is.

The people I knew there told me of incidents from both sides VC and G.I.

I was left with the impression that what we did was largely in response to what
they did.
S888Wheel

I do find it odd that he put HIMSELF in for the Purple Heart!

Why would you find common practice odd?
ScottW

"MINe 109" wrote in message
(ScottW) wrote:

Know your boy.

www.wintersoldier.com

or (if that link fails)

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php

Aside from the strawman of whether or not the incidents reflected
"American policy," Kerry's charges have been supported by recent
revelations of atrocities.

What recent revelations?

I find this section very interesting.
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/in...pic=Historians

Still, gotta admire someone who went to war for their country.

Not if they used their veteran status to give credibility to
lies.

We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day
waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who
died for the "greater glory of the United States." We will not
accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American
Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars -- in fact, we will
find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will
demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently
been unable to provide. We will not take solace from the
creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select
few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese.
We will not uphold traditions which decorously memorialize
that which was base and grim.

-- John Kerry, in "The New Soldier"

----------

Two years later, [1984] he ran for the U.S. Senate - dusting
off his veteran's credentials by standing in front of the black
Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington to shoot a TV
campaign ad, defying regulations that the memorial not be
used for political purposes. The ad "was filmed illegally against
the wishes of the National Park Service," according to the
Boston Globe. Kerry authorized its broadcast anyway.

-- J. Michael Waller, Insight Magazine, March 5, 2004

"My plan was that, on the last day we would go into the
[congressional] offices we would schedule the most
hardcore hawks for last -- and we would shoot them all."

-- VVAW leader Scott Camil, in the University of Florida
Oral History Archive, October 20,1992

ScottW

MINe 109

In article tdQ5c.19256$Nj.1417@fed1read01,
"ScottW" wrote:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...=SRTIGERFORCE/

I find this section very interesting.
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/in...pic=Historians

Still, gotta admire someone who went to war for their country.

Not if they used their veteran status to give credibility to
lies.

There's no statute of limitations on veteran status.

http://archive.salon.com/opinion/con.../index_np.html

The contrast between the military careers of George W. Bush and John
Kerry is drawing veterans to the Democratic Party -- and maddening
conservative Republicans who have grown accustomed to monopolizing the
symbolism of flag and country. To tarnish Kerry, the right has reached
back more than 30 years to develop a narrative that transforms him from
hero to traitor, by distorting his anti-war activism after he returned
from Vietnam.

They hope to convince America that by testifying and organizing for
peace, the young Navy lieutenant somehow "dishonored" his fellow sailors
and soldiers.

End quote.

[...]

ScottW

"ScottW" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
(ScottW) wrote:

Know your boy.

www.wintersoldier.com

or (if that link fails)

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php

Aside from the strawman of whether or not the incidents reflected
"American policy," Kerry's charges have been supported by recent
revelations of atrocities.

What recent revelations?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...=SRTIGERFORCE/

Awful stories. I hope the investigations reveal everything.

[...]

Weak stuff. I hate being told what conclusion to draw.
If there are distortions, reveal them with facts.

-- J. Michael Waller, Insight Magazine, March 5, 2004

"My plan was that, on the last day we would go into the
[congressional] offices we would schedule the most
hardcore hawks for last -- and we would shoot them all."

-- VVAW leader Scott Camil, in the University of Florida
Oral History Archive, October 20,1992

It has been reported that Kerry attended the meeting where
they voted on this plan. Hardly weak stuff if true.

ScottW

dave weil

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:20:55 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Weak stuff. I hate being told what conclusion to draw.
If there are distortions, reveal them with facts.

Why? You'll just deny them.
MINe 109

"ScottW" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
(ScottW) wrote:

Know your boy.

www.wintersoldier.com

or (if that link fails)

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php

Aside from the strawman of whether or not the incidents reflected
"American policy," Kerry's charges have been supported by recent
revelations of atrocities.

What recent revelations?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...=SRTIGERFORCE/

Awful stories. I hope the investigations reveal everything.

I don't expect to hear much about it on the evening news.

[...]

It's an opinion piece. Those are the conclusions of the writer.

For a biased but supported viewpoint, try dailyhowler.com. (Despite
their bias, the dailyhowler folks also take on liberal positions such as
the knee-jerk responses to "The Passion".)

-- J. Michael Waller, Insight Magazine, March 5, 2004

"My plan was that, on the last day we would go into the
[congressional] offices we would schedule the most
hardcore hawks for last -- and we would shoot them all."

-- VVAW leader Scott Camil, in the University of Florida
Oral History Archive, October 20,1992

It has been reported that Kerry attended the meeting where
they voted on this plan. Hardly weak stuff if true.

The first quote is a reasonable early seventies viewpoint against the
Vietnam war. The second is partisanship and amounts to nothing. The last
suggests conservatives believe Kerry was plotting terrorism, which would
be strong stuff if true. However, it is incredible.

MINe 109

In article ,

From: MINe 109

From Slate.com's Joe Conason:
The contrast between the military careers of George W. Bush and John
Kerry is drawing veterans to the Democratic Party -- and maddening
conservative Republicans who have grown accustomed to monopolizing the
symbolism of flag and country.

Not really. Everybody respects his service, for 4 months he did well in the
miltary. For the next 20 plus years he's been trying to eviscerate it.

That's the problem with the Dems, they think Defense is something to be gutted
if the want to throw money at a social program.

I think you left the radio on. Sounds like Rush.

To tarnish Kerry, the right has reached
back more than 30 years to develop a narrative that transforms him from
hero to traitor, by distorting his anti-war activism after he returned
from Vietnam.

They have been presenting his post VN record. Frankly, it sucks.

Frankly, you disagree, you meant to say. Not everyone supported the
Vietnam War. Bush's chicken-hawk crowd found "other priorities" when it
came to actually fighting.

They hope to convince America that by testifying and organizing for
peace, the young Navy lieutenant somehow "dishonored" his fellow sailors
and soldiers.

Because of how he did it. He dishonors all other VN vetrans and himself. The
phony medal throwing, the rally with Fonda, the portrayal of all GI's as baby
killers and murderers. These things put him in the muck with most other
leftists.

The fake photo with Fonda? *All* GIs? You haven't noticed the vets who
turn out for his appearances, have you?
MINe 109

In article DLM6c.19792$Nj.3590@fed1read01,
"ScottW" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article cML6c.19782$Nj.459@fed1read01,
"ScottW" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
(ScottW) wrote:

You can't fake a voting record and I heard today that John Kerry
voted against every military appropriations bill that included a

pay
raise for military personel.
If true, I suspect this kind of information will be devastating

Kerry's veteran support when it becomes widely known.

You mean he voted against the giant omnibus defense bills that

included
pay raises. No telling what he did in committee or behind closed

doors.

So we must judge him on his record.

Sounds good. What doesn't sound good is the Bush campaign pretending a
vote against a complex bill is really a vote against a small part of it.

No, its a vote against all of it.

Well, that's not how you're spinning it: Kerry votes against military
pay raise.

It might have had provisions he liked
but in the end, he didn't feel they were important enough to
surpass the negatives as he voted no. Difficult to make an
argument of strong support for the troops. Obviously, they
weren't his first priority.

Not obvious at all.

Or listen to him explain that he voted for it first before he voted
against it. Frankly, that kind of a politician doesn't belong in the
White House IMO.

That means no politician belongs in the White House.

You can't get there without becoming one.

Then you're screwed.
dave weil

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:53:26 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

I agree that it is responsible to cast a nay vote to at least avoid a
Congressional rubber stamp for President Bush in his attempt at
conducting unfettered warfare, yes. Sometimes, tactical votes are
important to keep people honest, even if it opens one up to backbiting
by people like you.

You're as bad at answering a yes or no question as
John Kerry is.

I see. You can't understand English. OK.

I think most Americans don't approve of
symbolic political gestures when it comes to casting votes
in the Senate.

I don't give a **** about what "most people don't approve of". You
didn't ask me about what "most people" thought (and your supposition
may or may not be correct - who knows? I know that *I'm* not
presumptuous to speak for "most people").

I happen to think that symbolic votes and protest bloc vote like those
that occur on *both* sides of the aisle on occasion are important
parts of the political process. I know that your two dimensional brain
has a hard time with this sort of thing though.

But to talk about backbiting, Kerry criticized the presdent for
failing to provide body armor. A piece of equipment specifically
funded in an appropriations bill he voted against.

A bill that he knew full well was going to pass. I think it was a
pretty brave vote to put out there, actually, esepcially since he was
considering running for president.

ScottW

wrote:

I agree that it is responsible to cast a nay vote to at least avoid a
Congressional rubber stamp for President Bush in his attempt at
conducting unfettered warfare, yes. Sometimes, tactical votes are
important to keep people honest, even if it opens one up to backbiting
by people like you.

You're as bad at answering a yes or no question as
John Kerry is.

I see. You can't understand English. OK.

I think most Americans don't approve of
symbolic political gestures when it comes to casting votes
in the Senate.

I don't give a **** about what "most people don't approve of". You
didn't ask me about what "most people" thought (and your supposition
may or may not be correct - who knows? I know that *I'm* not
presumptuous to speak for "most people").

That rage and hostility is venting again.
It's obvious that public support for that measure was overwhelming.
Kerry was being a dick.

I happen to think that symbolic votes and protest bloc vote like those
that occur on *both* sides of the aisle on occasion are important
parts of the political process. I know that your two dimensional brain
has a hard time with this sort of thing though.

I find it a bs rationalization of Kerry's no vote.
Let's put up a Kerry add and explain it as a symbolic
gesture or protest when it comes to something that important.
Let's see how that flies in America.

But to talk about backbiting, Kerry criticized the presdent for
failing to provide body armor. A piece of equipment specifically
funded in an appropriations bill he voted against.

A bill that he knew full well was going to pass. I think it was a
pretty brave vote to put out there, actually, esepcially since he was
considering running for president.

Brave? I think it was stupid and impulsive. His own attempt
to rationalize it was a bigger bust than yours.

I see your great state is home to some interesting communities.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/18/county.gays.ap/

ScottW

dave weil

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:16:57 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

I see your great state is home to some interesting communities.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/18/county.gays.ap/

Oh yeah, although they just backed down.

Also, I'll note that the only Republican to either abstain or vote no
on the bill that you have referenced came from Tennessee (he
abstained).

I edited out all of the parts that made you look stupid, BTW. I hope
you are grateful, since you don't seem to have a clue about the inner
workings of our government.

dave weil

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:22:36 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Nice intelligent discourse on why Kerry doesn't have a conflicted
record. Good job Dave.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

BTW, I'm glad that you're moving on, since the conversation was
apparently over your head.
ScottW

wrote:

I see your great state is home to some interesting communities.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/18/county.gays.ap/

Oh yeah, although they just backed down.

Also, I'll note that the only Republican to either abstain or vote no
on the bill that you have referenced came from Tennessee (he
abstained).

I edited out all of the parts that made you look stupid, BTW. I hope
you are grateful, since you don't seem to have a clue about the inner
workings of our government.

You just keep hating Dave. It's all you got.

ScottW

dave weil

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:37:10 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

You just keep hating Dave.

I actually like Dave. He's got a great monologue.
Marc Phillips

Yanni's Codpiece-Slammer said:

I'm going to have to do some research. Someone I trust described a
very different state of affairs. I don't want to comment further until
I know what I'm talking about specifically.

Wow! What a refreshing statement to make on Usenet. One can easily imagine a
plague of locusts accompanying a similar statement from Arny.

Boon
Sandman

All the Arnii imitatiors hear are getting better at Krooglush then Arnii is,
LOt"S! He mist being so jolusse!!!

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Marc Phillips said:

Yanni's Codpiece-Slammer said:

I'm going to have to do some research. Someone I trust described a
very different state of affairs. I don't want to comment further until
I know what I'm talking about specifically.

Wow! What a refreshing statement to make on Usenet. One can easily

imagine a
plague of locusts accompanying a similar statement from Arny.

Tell us Phillops how you know so much about, the bible Philip's. Its
like you talk to God when I am the Christian and you're house is
full of tubes. What a bigit! LOL! If you and yore co-thugs didn't
look the other way when I proove your lies are true. Obviously you
have locusts where your brains should be. Oh wait, its your brain on
the meat slicer again PHillips. Maybe I should claim victory now or
perhaps Philip's you want to enroll in All Quida before God smites
you again? I should just prove you hate music again, which is so
easy its like you call yourself "Vinyle Anackronist" because you're
NOT jealous of everything I say? ;-) If you're hands are so dirty
Phillips maybe Sander's can help you wash, LOt"S.

Bruce J. Richman

Jaime Sandors wrote:

All the Arnii imitatiors hear are getting better at Krooglush then Arnii is,
LOt"S! He mist being so jolusse!!!

Proove et.

Thanks for admitting your part of the RAO consparussy plained by the toob and
vinal bigits. Their are know typos in my posts - never!!, it is impossibull !!
I can wipe all you thugs with $ 100 bills the next tyme I flosh!!!!

Bruce J. Richman

Mikermckelvy

From: MINe 109

Not really. Everybody respects his service, for 4 months he did well in

the
miltary. For the next 20 plus years he's been trying to eviscerate

That's the problem with the Dems, they think Defense is something to be

gutted
if the want to throw money at a social program.

I think you left the radio on. Sounds like Rush.

I never heard him say it, but it's one of the things I would agree with him on.

To tarnish Kerry, the right has reached
back more than 30 years to develop a narrative that transforms him from
hero to traitor, by distorting his anti-war activism after he returned
from Vietnam.

He's the one who keeps reaching back. He's trying to meake it seem that
because he went to VN and was decorated that he hasn't been gutting national
defense ever since he got into the Senate.

.. Bush's chicken-hawk crowd found "other priorities" when it
came to actually fighting.

Bush put himself into the miltary in an honorable way. He fulfilled his duty.
That he didn't volunteer to go into combat for political reason as Kerry did
shouldn't be held against him.

They hope to convince America that by testifying and organizing for
peace, the young Navy lieutenant somehow "dishonored" his fellow sailors
and soldiers.

When you working with Jane Fonda you are doing just that.

I guarantee you that almost none of the regular forces sent to RVN thought the
war was fought well or for any good reason. I will also guarantee you that the
majority of those same people hate Fonda for her trip to NVN and anyone who
worked with her after that trip.

The fake photo with Fonda?

Their were 2 photos. One that has them at a rally together and one that puts
them side by side, the second one is editing, the first one is not. Kerry was
at least one event with Fonda.

*All* GIs? You haven't noticed the vets who
turn out for his appearances, have you?

have you noticed the even larger number who don't?
MINe 109

In article ,

From: MINe 109

Not really. Everybody respects his service, for 4 months he did well in

the
miltary. For the next 20 plus years he's been trying to eviscerate

That's the problem with the Dems, they think Defense is something to be

gutted
if the want to throw money at a social program.

I think you left the radio on. Sounds like Rush.

I never heard him say it, but it's one of the things I would agree with him
on.

Cheney had something to say about gutting defense.

To tarnish Kerry, the right has reached
back more than 30 years to develop a narrative that transforms him from
hero to traitor, by distorting his anti-war activism after he returned
from Vietnam.

He's the one who keeps reaching back. He's trying to meake it seem that
because he went to VN and was decorated that he hasn't been gutting national
defense ever since he got into the Senate.

Doesn't that bug the Republicans.

. Bush's chicken-hawk crowd found "other priorities" when it
came to actually fighting.

Bush put himself into the miltary in an honorable way. He fulfilled his
duty.

Even if you take him at his word, he left early to go to business school.

That he didn't volunteer to go into combat for political reason as Kerry did
shouldn't be held against him.

Why not? One of those "political" reasons was patriotism.

They hope to convince America that by testifying and organizing for
peace, the young Navy lieutenant somehow "dishonored" his fellow sailors
and soldiers.

When you working with Jane Fonda you are doing just that.

I count the Purple Hearts higher.

I guarantee you that almost none of the regular forces sent to RVN thought
the
war was fought well or for any good reason. I will also guarantee you that
the
majority of those same people hate Fonda for her trip to NVN and anyone who
worked with her after that trip.

The fake photo with Fonda?

Their were 2 photos. One that has them at a rally together and one that puts
them side by side, the second one is editing, the first one is not. Kerry
was at least one event with Fonda.

Who married Turner, who founded CNN. Therefore, all news is tainted.

*All* GIs? You haven't noticed the vets who
turn out for his appearances, have you?

have you noticed the even larger number who don't?

Who are you, Samuel Goldwyn?