Sandman

Default Suggestion for Socky

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Art, you've been struggling and straining to put forth your, uh, views
on (against) gay marriage. In the process, you've bent over backward
to protest that you're not a bigot, that all you want is separate but
equal. You've also said the "institution" of marriage should be viewed
differently from other flashpoints of civil rights, that it's not an
issue of religion, that you have gay friends, and so forth.

You've also made several inflammatory comments, such as your infamous
"you're not equal to me" line, and your clumsily self-mocking
"Straight people are normal, and heterosexuals are abnormal." And you
foolishly expanded on the "abnormal" theme, using the word several
more times in the process. What's truly astonishing to those of us who
view you as a reasonable person is your repeated use of "abnormal" and
"not equal" as if you were discussing a chemistry experiment.

Several people have tried reasoning with you, some have tried parsing
your actual thoughts, and others have mocked and derided you. What we
see, but what you've so far refused to admit, is that your "opinion"
is purely emotional and has zero intellectual content. What that
"opinion" amounts to is nothing more than "marriage is defined as
between a man and a woman". Your defense of that "opinion" has only
been "that's the way it's always been". These are not intellectual or
political arguments; they are purely emotional.

You also seem to want your opponents on this issue to give you a
break. You've used the wishy-washy "not as bad as certain others"
argument because you're in favor of civil unions as a substitute for
marriage. You've tried hiding from the argument entirely by claiming
that Senator Kerry has the same position you have, as if that would
somehow shield your "opinion" from scrutiny. We all know politicians
are not known for being truthful. Is that the company you want to
keep?

I'll tell you how you can get the break you want: Just admit your
"opinion" is purely emotional, that it's simply the way you feel, and
you can't help it, and you don't want to change it. Then shut up about
it. See what I mean? Your position is indefensible on logical,
political, or religious grounds, but you've tried repeatedly to defend
it on all of them. You've failed miserably. The only company in which
you'd find support is one where they share your core beliefs -- such
as that the division of "normal" versus "abnormal" SHOULD be part of
politics. You won't get that here, except from throwbacks like
Krooger.

So that's my advice. Take it or leave it. We all have prejudices. Most
of us have learned that purely emotional biases are better left
unspoken. This is one such case.

In Socky's case, his prejudices are purely irrational, which is why he can't
defend them any better than he has.

See:

http://www.democraticunderground.com.../06_legal.html

Professor Midnite

From: George M. Middius

Art, you've been struggling and straining to put forth your, uh, views
on (against) gay marriage. In the process, you've bent over backward
to protest that you're not a bigot, that all you want is separate but
equal

(snip)

Well said. Soon as Mr Yustabe can 'fess up to his feelings without being
judgemental about their cause, I'll lay off his fat ass . . .

Professor Midnite
GeoSynch

Professor Midnite seconded:

Art, you've been struggling and straining to put forth your, uh, views
on (against) gay marriage. In the process, you've bent over backward
to protest that you're not a bigot, that all you want is separate but
equal

Well said. Soon as Mr Yustabe can 'fess up to his feelings without being
judgemental about their cause, I'll lay off his fat ass . . .

Who are you kidding? You and the Mid-Yut are one and the same.
The deliberate misspelling of the word judgmental fools no one.
The fat, little gimp fantasizing he's a big, bad bro' ... har-dee-har-har.

Professor Midnite is now (and forever) dismissed.

GeoSynch

Robertg Morein

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Art, you've been struggling and straining to put forth your, uh, views
on (against) gay marriage. In the process, you've bent over backward
to protest that you're not a bigot, that all you want is separate but
equal. You've also said the "institution" of marriage should be viewed
differently from other flashpoints of civil rights, that it's not an
issue of religion, that you have gay friends, and so forth.

[snip]
You've failed miserably. The only company in which
you'd find support is one where they share your core beliefs -- such
as that the division of "normal" versus "abnormal" SHOULD be part of
politics. You won't get that here, except from throwbacks like
Krooger.

So that's my advice. Take it or leave it. We all have prejudices. Most
of us have learned that purely emotional biases are better left
unspoken. This is one such case.

Art's prejudices are more general than that. He also dislikes people with
high IQ's who don't revere their guitar teachers.
Art is the verbal champion of Joe and Mary SixPack.

GeoSynch

The Prof' poofed:

Who are you kidding? You and the Mid-Yut are one and the same.

Tell ya what, mother ****er. Are you local? I live in Philadelphia and I'm not
who you think I am. You wanna meet me? As long as you give me your word not to
reveal my name or where I teach, I'll meet you in Philly and you can tell folks
all about it.

So, you're a purported Philly spade teacher with a seven-figure net worth who has only
posted on r.a.o. and nowhere else starting on 2/21/04? Your story is quickly falling apart.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

The Prof' preened:

I haven't posted anywhere on usenet before with this handle. Didn't know that
being anonymous would be this much fun.

Tell ya what. Wanna meet me? Come to the Pennsylvania Convention Center this
Friday at 11 in the morning. If not, given that we plan to kick up a good
rumpus, you might check for the story in the Philadelphia Enquirer online
Saturday morning, March 13th..

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/

If they get the picture of me in a wedding dress I hope they get, you' just
might understand how very pretty I am. :-)

RuPaul ain't got nuthin' on you, eh sugar? ;-)

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

The Prof' strutted:

RuPaul ain't got nuthin' on you, eh sugar? ;-)

I'm bigger across the shoulders, and possibly elsewhere.

Your lips and/or mouth?

GeoSynch

Joseph Oberlander

GeoSynch wrote:

The Prof' preened:
If they get the picture of me in a wedding dress I hope they get, you' just
might understand how very pretty I am. :-)

RuPaul ain't got nuthin' on you, eh sugar? ;-)

Richard Simmons in a dress could do better than Ru Paul.

ScottW

"Yeasty Cock-Slimmer" wrote in message
news:c7bn401rjhnaccts0770jds6kb0tl9v0dl@rdmzrnewst xt.nz...
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:03:06 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Your problem is you're just as, if not more, guilty than many of the
crimes you despise.

Better Mr. grammar checker?

Er, no. That doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe this will help.

Your problem is you're just as, if not more, guilty than many
people of the crimes you despise.

or this

Your problem is you're just as guilty of the crimes you
despise as many people. You may even be more guilty.

Do you need more?

ScottW

S888Wheel

wrote:

Your problem is you're just as, if not more, guilty than many of the
crimes you despise.

Better Mr. grammar checker?

Er, no. That doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe this will help.

Your problem is you're just as, if not more, guilty than many
people of the crimes you despise.

or this

Your problem is you're just as guilty of the crimes you
despise as many people. You may even be more guilty.

Do you need more?

ScottW

I would go this way. Your problem is you are just as guilty, if not more so,
than the people who commit the crimes you despise.
S888Wheel

wrote:

Your problem is you're just as, if not more, guilty than many of the
crimes you despise.

Better Mr. grammar checker?

Er, no. That doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe this will help.

Your problem is you're just as, if not more, guilty than many
people of the crimes you despise.

or this

Your problem is you're just as guilty of the crimes you
despise as many people. You may even be more guilty.

Do you need more?

ScottW

I would go this way. Your problem is you are just as guilty, if not more so,
than the people who commit the crimes you despise.

One more change.

Your problem is you are just as guilty, if not more so,
as the people who commit the crimes you despise.
ScottW

lete (Professor Midnite) wrote in message ...
From:
(ScottW)

Wrong, changed meaning. I intend to say you despise crimes, not people.

Damn, but you get funnier every minute! None of your sentences made a lick of
sense and not even the boys who translated the Rosetta Stone could've known for
sure what you meant. Too funny. When I first saw you here, I was thinking maybe
George was being hard on you, but . . .

You still can't deal with the statement. All I get from you is
obfuscation.

You're an arrogant ******* of the worst kind.

God damn uppitty ******, ain't I?

I don't care about your race. I care about your ignorance.

But I always thought that an uppity ******
with money and a following was the *best* kind of arrogant *******. YMMV, I
suppose.

Now you have a following? Your head just keeps swelling.

So racial slurs are ok for you but not me?

Show me where I said you can't use racial slurs, Opie.

I still am offended by your racial slurs. If you expect people to
move beyond racism, I suggest you do your part by not being a racist.

And damn if you're not
back to using to using that bull**** assumptive provocative question form
again. Thought we grew you out of that.

And by the way, Opie, looks like we might have one solid demonstration this
Friday. So far we have more than 20 gay couples who are gonna show up at *The
Wedding Room* of the Philadelphia Flower Show dressed in formals. Tails, top
hats and all. (That is, unless they turn us away at the door or throw us in
jail for disturbing the peace or some bull**** like that. Won't be the first
night I spend in a white man's jail and it probably won't be the last.)

Have you ever been in a black man's jail? How about just a
Philadelphia jail?

You're a disgusting racist. I suspect you're also an embarrassment
to many homosexuals.

Scott
GeoSynch

Prof Wallflower quivered with anticipation:

[L]ooks like we might have one solid demonstration this Friday.
So far we have more than 20 gay couples who are gonna show up at *The
Wedding Room* of the Philadelphia Flower Show dressed in formals.

You'll be a handmaiden no more, eh sweet pea?

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Pudge the gimp morosely mumbled:

Fortunately, I can be a stupidist and nobody cares.

You are. No one does.

GeoSynch