Rotation Slim

Default Help choosing Port CD Player

I am in market for a portable DC player.

My main purpose is to listen to books on CD while I drive. (car full
of kids listening to their DVD's, so I don't want to put it through
car speakers)

My kids may borrow it as well for music.

I have my eye on a Sony, which also has AM/FM/TV reciever in it and
ATRAC3 (which appears to be a compression software). I like that
because I am a TV journalist, and occasionally want to listen to
newscasts when I am not in front of TV. It was in the weekend paper
for $69 I think, I feel stupid for not remembering model #, but I just
has the idea to post this quetiosn

It seems that Sony Portable CD's come with what appears to be a
proprietary compression software, which the package says can put up to
480 songs on a disk. I am assuming that means I can burn books on CD
that I would check out of library onto a CD for that unit, and not
have to change disks very often as I drive.

Am I missing anything? It does not appear to be MP3 compatible, I
don't anticipate downloading anything, so will that make a difference?

Recomendation for small reciever and CD player Ron Rogers General 3 February 19th 04 09:23 PM
Looking for combo tuner CD player WITH phono input Owen Reese General 5 September 8th 03 07:30 PM
teac pd-265 cd player Sharon Leigh General 2 August 6th 03 03:12 PM
CD player Boa General 1 August 2nd 03 07:41 AM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM