Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant

Default Low overhead *simple* recording software

I have a rather old laptop (toshiba satellite PIII 800Mhz) that i'll be
using with an RME multiface for doing location recordings. I'm looking for
very simple and reliable recording software similar to what cool edit used
to be (from the adobe audidion website it looks like they've jammed it full
of extra features now). I do all my mixing/editing on a desktop I just want
to record 2 tracks very reliably... if it supports more tracks too that's
fine, but i don't feel comfortable running software that's oozing with
features to the point that it makes me worry they spent no time at all
streamlining it for basic performance or that it's gonna gobble up the few
precious resources this machine has.

Can anyone recommend something?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtougas

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:13:48 -0400, "David Grant"
trained 100 monkeys to jump on the
keyboard and write:

I have a rather old laptop (toshiba satellite PIII 800Mhz) that i'll be
using with an RME multiface for doing location recordings. I'm looking for
very simple and reliable recording software similar to what cool edit used
to be (from the adobe audidion website it looks like they've jammed it full
of extra features now). I do all my mixing/editing on a desktop I just want
to record 2 tracks very reliably... if it supports more tracks too that's
fine, but i don't feel comfortable running software that's oozing with
features to the point that it makes me worry they spent no time at all
streamlining it for basic performance or that it's gonna gobble up the few
precious resources this machine has.

Can anyone recommend something?

N-Tracks or Audacity.

--
jtougas

"listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go" - e.e. cummings
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Pawel Kusmierek

David Grant wrote:
I'm looking for
very simple and reliable recording software similar to what cool edit used
to be

snip

Can anyone recommend something?

For just recording (no processing) foobar2000 may be used. Also,
hthttp://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html seems to be lightweight and
convenient.