Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
John Wright

Default Sonar 2.2 and Boss BR1600-CD

I'm an analog guy in a digital age, but I need to make a booking demo on
the cheap, which means using a friend's BOSS BR1600-CD and another friend's
Cakewalk Sonar 2.2.

Here's the problem: it's difficult, time-wise, for me to mix at the
friend's house, so I'm exporting via USB to WAV files so I can mix in Sonar
2.2. But when the BR-1600 exports, it merges two adjacent tracks (ie, 1 &
2, 3 & 4, etc) into one stereo WAV file (1 becomes left, 2 becomes right).

Is there any way (using Sonar or any of the several WAV editors I have on
my 'puter) to split these tracks in to individual tracks so that they can
be separately mixed and panned to either side? My financial future depends
on it...
Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
Kraig Olmstead

Super easy! Import the tracks into Sonar. In Sonar, in the Export and
Bounce to Tracks dialogs there are options to split out separate left
and right.

Taking laptop downstairs to DAW...

In Sonar 5 it's on the right hand side of the Bounce to Tracks dialog:
Channel Format: choose Split Mono.

Things that don't naturally group into stereo, click on the track
number, left hand side of the screen. Typically, in time, you'll select
all. For security, I'd do a ctrl+A to select everything, then click on
the track number to select all of that track. Then go to Edit | Bounce
to Tracks.

I hope you enjoy Sonar. If this becomes a regular occurance, buy a copy
and join us. I think it's a great program.

KO

John Wright wrote:
I'm an analog guy in a digital age, but I need to make a booking demo on
the cheap, which means using a friend's BOSS BR1600-CD and another friend's
Cakewalk Sonar 2.2.

Here's the problem: it's difficult, time-wise, for me to mix at the
friend's house, so I'm exporting via USB to WAV files so I can mix in Sonar
2.2. But when the BR-1600 exports, it merges two adjacent tracks (ie, 1 &
2, 3 & 4, etc) into one stereo WAV file (1 becomes left, 2 becomes right).

Is there any way (using Sonar or any of the several WAV editors I have on
my 'puter) to split these tracks in to individual tracks so that they can
be separately mixed and panned to either side? My financial future depends
on it...

Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
John Wright

The funny thing is, I figured out how to do it before checking back here.
And it's even easier than below. When importing into Sonar, the "Import
Audio" dialogue window offers a "stereo split" option. All I had to do is
check it, and I got what I wanted.

Thanks for the tips, both of you. And Kraig, unless I win the lottery,
I'll probably be doing this some more. Which means I'll be back. Which
means somebody's gonna have to show me how to work Xnews, 'cause I'm kinda
new to this Usenet thingy, too...

Kraig Olmstead wrote in
se.com:

John Wright wrote:
I'm an analog guy in a digital age, but I need to make a booking demo
on the cheap, which means using a friend's BOSS BR1600-CD and another
friend's Cakewalk Sonar 2.2.

Here's the problem: it's difficult, time-wise, for me to mix at the
friend's house, so I'm exporting via USB to WAV files so I can mix in
Sonar 2.2. But when the BR-1600 exports, it merges two adjacent
tracks (ie, 1 & 2, 3 & 4, etc) into one stereo WAV file (1 becomes
left, 2 becomes right).

Is there any way (using Sonar or any of the several WAV editors I
have on my 'puter) to split these tracks in to individual tracks so
that they can be separately mixed and panned to either side? My
financial future depends on it...

Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
John Wright

And to think that usenet has been around for a LOOONG time now. =
BTW, Glennbo is, IMHO, the resident XNews expert.

I'm still a bit wary of the horseless carriage and the forward pass...
Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
david gourley

John Wright
:

I'm an analog guy in a digital age, but I need to make a booking demo
on the cheap, which means using a friend's BOSS BR1600-CD and another
friend's Cakewalk Sonar 2.2.

Here's the problem: it's difficult, time-wise, for me to mix at the
friend's house, so I'm exporting via USB to WAV files so I can mix in
Sonar 2.2. But when the BR-1600 exports, it merges two adjacent
tracks (ie, 1 & 2, 3 & 4, etc) into one stereo WAV file (1 becomes
left, 2 becomes right).

Is there any way (using Sonar or any of the several WAV editors I have
on my 'puter) to split these tracks in to individual tracks so that
they can be separately mixed and panned to either side? My financial
future depends on it...

There's some software available - would this help?

http://tinyurl.com/nb9vo

If that doesn't work, here's the top level....just go to 'Products.'

http://topsoundproductions.home.att.net/home.htm

luck,
david

Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
Paul Kotheimer

Lasso select the tracks in track view (with in out points) you want to
export. Individual exports come in later versions. Sorry if this is too
late for your financial future.

"david gourley" wrote in message
1.165...
John Wright