Posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc,rec.audio.pro
Bible John

Default The digital recorder inside most PPC's/HPc's

In message , "." wrote:
Bible John wrote:
What type is it? I notice the audio quality comes out crystal clear
when
I set the recording format up. It amazes me that my Jornada can
record at
CD quality. But sadly I cannot attach an external mic.

not having a mic in socket is a huge flaw in pocket PC's

But what type of mic is in it? Is it equal to that of a under $100 Olympus
or Sony digital?

I know the mic in my Jornada blasts the mic in my ibook, and the mic in my
Zire 72. But my ibook can attach an external mic, which my Jornada cannot
(unless there is a mic PCMCIA/CF card out there).

My Sony tape recorder lacks a mic, the Jornada's audio perhaps might top this.
I dont know as I ahve not tested them up close to that detail. Once I recorded
a lecture for a class with both recorders, and the audio file on my Jornada
was about the same as the tape. Although the tape player allowed cuing, and
FF,rewind, which cannot be easily done with Microsoft Voice recorder, so the
tape won for use in lectures.

John

--
Vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger in November
(http://www.joinarnold.com/site/c.owL...plishments.htm)