Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Thies

Default Manuel for N20B ps

I've been looking around to see if I can talk someone in to printing me
a copy of this manuel.I'll pay whatevers fair.Serarching the varios
search engines as well as r.a.p prodeced zip so far.Thanks,Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Satz

Mark, the N 20 B power supply was made by Schoeps for their M 221 B
microphones. You shouldn't need to pay anyone for information about it;
you can contact Schoeps directly via .

I'm not sure that there was ever a manual for the supply as such, but
schematics are readily available. Guessing at your email address, I've
just sent you a picture file of it.

--best regards

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Satz

Dang! At least on my mail server, the email address for Schoeps support
has been munged. It should be "mailbox [at] schoeps [dot] de".

Grrr.

--D

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Thies

Mark Thies wrote:

David Satz wrote:

Dang! At least on my mail server, the email address for Schoeps support
has been munged. It should be "mailbox [at] schoeps [dot] de".

Grrr.

--D

David,you da man!!That's what I was looking for!Thank You!Have you done
this change for the input voltage?Interesting that the choices are 127v
or 110v.On a 120v circuit the 127v is closer but my instincts tell me to
go for the 120v.What's your thoughts?Thanks,Mark

Whoops I meant 110v,duh.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Satz

Mark, sorry, I don't have experience with this type of supply; I merely
have the information since I have copies of old catalogs, and Schoeps
used to print schematics in their catalogs. Their sales effort was
evidently geared toward real engineers back then.

(Nowadays, a catalog has to explain what a condenser microphone is and
what it does. People who really don't know are buying lots of
microphones, and quite evidently they're getting bad advice in the
process, or else the market wouldn't be the way it is.)

Anyway, for a straight answer to your question, I'd suggest that you
write to Schoeps at the address I gave earlier. You'll probably hear
back from my friend Bernhard Vollmer, the head of their nostalgia
department. If a supply hasn't been carefully checked out in many
years, it may be worth putting it up on the bench and making careful
voltage measurements under load. An AC 701 tube can work well for
decades, but only if it is treated right.

--best regards