Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Rastasteve

Default Internship Traineeship available in Negril for Recording Reggae Music this summer

Greetings:
Jah Freedom Recording Company in Negril, Jamaica is offering 2-6 month
internships for trustworthy music oriented people who have talent and
desirre to learn about recording music...

The Good News:
Studio is Located in Beautiful Negril, Jamaica
Opportunity to learn more about recording Reggae
Opportunity to hone your skills with analogue and digital recording
with and without computers
Opportunity to meet Jamaica's Top Singers and Dee Jays
You will learn about the roots and origins of Reggae Music from the
ones who built it
You will enjoy the scenery and relaxing vibes in Jamaica's coolest
town,Negril!
You will learn about many aspects of the recording industry
You will have access to a creative musical environment
You will have lots of time to tour the island and have fun in sunny
Jamaica

The less good news:
You are responsible for your own living expenses and travel to and
from the island...
You are required to do some of the studio grunt work
You are expected to be available to work sometimes at odd
hours...whenever the studio is booked...

We have had an English Intern here for the past 5 months and he has
been an invaluable asset to the studio and the work we have been
doing...His replacement is needed by the end of September...
If you are interested in a position or need more info please contact
Steve at Jahfreedom.com
or Call steve at 876 957 0037 or 876 858 1906

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
BOB URZ

Rastasteve wrote:

[...]

Hey, that's a great deal!
Pay your own way.
Pay all your expenses.
Be the grunt.
Do you have to roll your own too?

Bob

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
George Gleason

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

Rastasteve wrote:

[...]

actually that is a better deal than most state side recording studios are
giving for intern level help

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Crystal

I don't know about that. My niece did an internship in Nashville and got
SOME pay as well as school credits. And they helped locate her housing and
gave her quite a break on that as well.

much respect,

Crystal

"George Gleason" wrote in message
ink.net...

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

Rastasteve wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Crystal wrote:
I don't know about that. My niece did an internship in Nashville and got
SOME pay as well as school credits. And they helped locate her housing and
gave her quite a break on that as well.

That's pretty good. I get three or four calls a week from kids looking for
internships, most of whom come across the entry in the Mix studio directory.
I get a bunch of them offering to _pay_ for an internship.

Usually asking them if they can read a conductor's score and solder shuts
them up pretty fast, though.

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Crystal

It was good! And it was pretty interesting visiting. I'm glad she didn't
settle there though. It was a bit limiting.

People call and ask if they can pay you to be an intern? Wow!

I can't even imagine reading a conductor's score...it's challenging enough
just to get the tenor line in an ensemble! that's why I like reggae so
much...no reading.....

much respect,

Crystal
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Crystal wrote:
I don't know about that. My niece did an internship in Nashville and got
SOME pay as well as school credits. And they helped locate her housing
and
gave her quite a break on that as well.

That's pretty good. I get three or four calls a week from kids looking
for
internships, most of whom come across the entry in the Mix studio
directory.
I get a bunch of them offering to _pay_ for an internship.

Usually asking them if they can read a conductor's score and solder shuts
them up pretty fast, though.

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro

Plus you can smoke all the sinsi you can. Bring a waterpipe, that stuff
can get pretty harsh. Reminds me of the old days working at Tuff Gong
and Dynamic Sounds. Also, bring a sweater, you can freeze your ass off
in these air conditioned rooms...

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Crystal wrote:

People call and ask if they can pay you to be an intern? Wow!

I'll tell you, if I had to go through what kids starting out today have
to go through, I'd never have got into the recording business. When I
started out, it was hard to get kids interested. I guess there was also
a lot less perception of glamour than there is today.

I can't even imagine reading a conductor's score...it's challenging enough
just to get the tenor line in an ensemble! that's why I like reggae so
much...no reading.....

I'm not very good at it, but I can follow along well enough to do tape
edits. Once on some Shostakovitch piece, I thought I had totally lost
my place and I just sat around waiting for something familiar-looking to
happen, and then a few minutes later the fiddle player got back on the
score and the conductor shouted "welcome back!" So I don't feel so bad
about not being perfect.

Hey, if you can read tenor line you're doing better than a lot of folks
out there. I've worked with studio guys who can't deal with anything
but guitar tab, even.
Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Crystal

thanks for the pat on the back. I never sang a read note until three years
ago...it's been a good discipline.

I only began at church, with 25 others, and now there are five of us left
standing...err...singing. The small amount of talent that I might have comes
from God alone. There is no other explanation. And that's also why I am so
respectful of roots reggae. It will always be my favorite music, there's
nothing like it to inspire, uplift, and help me keep going in life.

much respect,

Crystal wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.music.reggae,rec.audio.pro
Sounbwoy

this deal is not really any different from those that go to NYC or CALI with
nothing and have to fend for themselves. People still actually do that. I
almost did, but I backed out at the last minute. If I were younger and
single, I'd be there.

ups.com...