Posted to rec.audio.pro
amost

Default Melodyne revisted

I dunno, I downloaded the demo Melodyne Uno. It seems pretty freaking
amazing to me. Some say it sounds like a*s, some say AT does. I sure like
the interface, some hate it. I get nervous when I use Autotune, at the last
minute I undo...but the few things I've done with the demo(although you
can't save so I dunno) I fell pretty good about it. I'm only looking to tune
one voice at a time, not create harmonies which you could with the full
blown version....that would be a little bizarre depending on the context I
suppose though....

anyones?

--

www.andymost.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:04:20 -0500, "amost"
wrote:

I dunno, I downloaded the demo Melodyne Uno. It seems pretty freaking
amazing to me. Some say it sounds like a*s, some say AT does. I sure like
the interface, some hate it. I get nervous when I use Autotune, at the last
minute I undo...but the few things I've done with the demo(although you
can't save so I dunno) I fell pretty good about it. I'm only looking to tune
one voice at a time, not create harmonies which you could with the full
blown version....that would be a little bizarre depending on the context I
suppose though....

anyones?

Brilliant utility. And the ability to adjust formants really does add
something to the picture.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
dhs

I'll add my vote for Melodyne. This will sound like the usual ad
propaganda, but it is much more than a voice correction tool. I have
used it to fix a wide variety of pitch and timing problems in
monophonic and polyphonic material (I have the studio version),
assembling good versions from multiple takes, regularizing and
manipulating the rhythm of pieces, and the like; it is now my primary
editing tool (as opposed to Cubase). The fact that it identifies the
right place to cut is a remarkable time saver over scrubbing or
squinting at the amplitude envelope.

I have also used it for composition from raw sounds, creating new music
from existing snippets.

also changed a few wrong words using the formant tools. Amazing.

David

FS: Melodyne Cre8 Alan Pro Audio 1 August 15th 05 08:34 PM
FS: Melodyne Kaiser Pro Audio 0 August 12th 05 10:49 PM
FS: Melodyne Cre8 Alan Pro Audio 0 July 18th 05 09:08 PM
Melodyne or Auto Tune? Dean Pro Audio 5 May 15th 04 04:55 AM