Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

Default Need someone for (PAID) remote recording work - HELP

I'm finally getting some action on the Online Recording section of my
musician referral list. Yeehaw! Had 2 more songs posted this weekend (3
currently open with no submissions). To my surprise though, none of the
musicians have posted their overdub tracks.

Just giving you guys fair notice that there's paid recording work to be
had on my site, if you're interested in doing recording work for pay.
Or is that "selling out"?

www.TheReferralList.com
Goto the "RecordingMusician Area"

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"RickRyan.com" wrote in message oups.com...
I'm finally getting some action on the Online Recording section of my
musician referral list. Yeehaw! Had 2 more songs posted this weekend (3
currently open with no submissions). To my surprise though, none of the
musicians have posted their overdub tracks.

Just giving you guys fair notice that there's paid recording work to be
had on my site, if you're interested in doing recording work for pay.
Or is that "selling out"?

www.TheReferralList.com
Goto the "RecordingMusician Area"

Aren't you from Dallas ??

Why would I turn down a phone call ??

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Malachi

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

Aren't you from Dallas ??

Why would I turn down a phone call ??

Actually, he's in Nashville. I've met him, he's a decent guy with a clever
idea.

malachi

http://www.soundclick.com/johntrentes

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Williams

Would this work for someone based in the UK? ie can I still sign up and get
paid for my work, or is it only for the US?

Joe

"Malachi" wrote in message
om...

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

Aren't you from Dallas ??

Why would I turn down a phone call ??

Actually, he's in Nashville. I've met him, he's a decent guy with a

clever
idea.

malachi

http://www.soundclick.com/johntrentes

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Malachi

Not to speak for the proprietor, with whom I am not affiliated except for
being acquainted with him, I don't see why not.

You should ask him yourself at http://www.rickryan.com

malachi

"Joe Williams" wrote in message
Would this work for someone based in the UK? ie can I still sign up and
get
paid for my work, or is it only for the US?

Joe

"Malachi" wrote in message
om...

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

Aren't you from Dallas ??

Why would I turn down a phone call ??

Actually, he's in Nashville. I've met him, he's a decent guy with a

clever
idea.

malachi

http://www.soundclick.com/johntrentes

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

Would this work for someone based in the UK? ie can I still sign up and get
paid for my work, or is it only for the US?

Joe, this thing started out as a "Nashville only" project, but it's
quickly growing into international. I don't care where you are. Already
have folks signed up from UK, Italy, France, Canada, Japan, etc. Sign
up and upload some songs you need overdubs on.........or take a shot at
doing some dubs if you're the musician-type.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

http://www.TheReferralList.com

Hey Malachi, feel free to speak for me, anytime. Thanks for the props,
bud.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Malachi

"RickRyan.com" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hey Malachi, feel free to speak for me, anytime. Thanks for the props,
bud.

No problem. I'm really intrigued by your idea. I think it could grow into
something big.

I plan to participate and soon.

malachi

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan

"RickRyan.com" wrote in
ups.com:

Joe, this thing started out as a "Nashville only" project, but it's
quickly growing into international. I don't care where you are.
Already have folks signed up from UK, Italy, France, Canada, Japan,
etc. Sign up and upload some songs you need overdubs on.........or
take a shot at doing some dubs if you're the musician-type.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

http://www.TheReferralList.com

So where does the remote recording come into it? The "home" guy posts his
tracks and the "away" guy posts his additions. Where does a pure recorder
fit in?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

RickRyan.com wrote:
I'm finally getting some action on the Online Recording section of my
musician referral list. Yeehaw! Had 2 more songs posted this weekend (3
currently open with no submissions). To my surprise though, none of the
musicians have posted their overdub tracks.

Just giving you guys fair notice that there's paid recording work to be
had on my site, if you're interested in doing recording work for pay.
Or is that "selling out"?

www.TheReferralList.com
Goto the "RecordingMusician Area"

So how does this work? One guy is looking for bass, drums, keys and
acoustic. Are we being asked to provide all those tracks in one
package or would I upload tracks individually with a price on each
track? Is there any way to communicate with the composer to get a
better feel for the type of recording needed? (such as mono compatible
or wide stereo, multiple tracks for drums, type of sound, reverb or
not, that sort of thing.)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Williams

OK so I signed up, and when I took a look at the recording projects asking
for submissions, I see:

"Payment will be sent to you (U.S. only) in the form of a check via USPS
within 2-3 weeks....Please note, we do not offer any other forms of payment
at this time."

So how would I get paid in the UK?

Joe

"RickRyan.com" wrote in message
ups.com...
Would this work for someone based in the UK? ie can I still sign up and

get
paid for my work, or is it only for the US?

Joe, this thing started out as a "Nashville only" project, but it's
quickly growing into international. I don't care where you are. Already
have folks signed up from UK, Italy, France, Canada, Japan, etc. Sign
up and upload some songs you need overdubs on.........or take a shot at
doing some dubs if you're the musician-type.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

http://www.TheReferralList.com

Hey Malachi, feel free to speak for me, anytime. Thanks for the props,
bud.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

So how would I get paid in the UK?

For now, the same way. Might make some exception to do paypal for our
international guys.
www.TheReferralList.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

Where does a pure recorder fit in?

What do you mean, "pure recorder". If you're looking to have the
internet be a live, virtual recording session, then no, that's not it.
I offer a platform and find the clients and use the web for offline
collaboration. It can be done, one-on-one but my system offers a
songwriter/artist/producer multiple tracks to choose from.
www.TheReferralList.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Williams

PayPal would be a much better way of doing it I think. Depending on amounts
you can lose a lot to the bank when paying in overseas cheques.

"RickRyan.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
So how would I get paid in the UK?

For now, the same way. Might make some exception to do paypal for our
international guys.
www.TheReferralList.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

Thanks Joe, I'll keep that in mind.

www.TheReferralList.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

He means an outfit that just does recording.

Thanks Scott. Sorry to be so dense. In this scenario, a "pure recorder"
is cut out of the loop. I'm dealing with clients that have their own
DAW and doing their own projects but want accessibility to better
quality musicians. Given that the clients weren't using "pure
recorders" to begin with, I don't think there should be much of a beef
here.

www.TheReferralList.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan

"RickRyan.com" wrote in
oups.com:

He means an outfit that just does recording.

Thanks Scott. Sorry to be so dense. In this scenario, a "pure
recorder" is cut out of the loop. I'm dealing with clients that have
their own DAW and doing their own projects but want accessibility to
better quality musicians. Given that the clients weren't using "pure
recorders" to begin with, I don't think there should be much of a beef
here.

Thanks Rick.

That was evident in everything you said and everything on your website.

Everywhere, in fact, except the name of the thread.