Posted to rec.audio.pro
ernest

Default Layla 20

Anybody still using a Layla 20bits? It's not the 24/96 but a bit older
version of it. I'm weighting if I should get this or the Delta 1010LT
which is about the same price. The Layla 20 is really old so the shop
put it on sale for the same price. I'm planning to use Cubase SE with
Windows 2000... Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Ernest...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

I'm using a layla 20 bit in my studio, and I can say it has been very
reliable over the years, a little bit noisy on the output, but still
very efficient. Go visit my web site where i've done some gear
auditioning using it. http://www.gearaudition.com/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Malachi

I used a Layla 20 for about three years. I found that my mixes always
sounded dense and mid-rangey with it.

I had constant timing problems with it, pops and clicks in the audio
regardless of clock source. When it worked, it didn't work well, and when
it didn't, it was very frustrating.

I upgraded to a 002r with PTLE and noticed a major improvement in the
clarity and transparency of my mixes.

I can't speak for the Delta, but I'd pass on the Layla.

malachi

"ernest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody still using a Layla 20bits? It's not the 24/96 but a bit older
version of it. I'm weighting if I should get this or the Delta 1010LT
which is about the same price. The Layla 20 is really old so the shop
put it on sale for the same price. I'm planning to use Cubase SE with
Windows 2000... Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Ernest...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DeeAa

"ernest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody still using a Layla 20bits? It's not the 24/96 but a bit older
version of it. I'm weighting if I should get this or the Delta 1010LT
which is about the same price. The Layla 20 is really old so the shop
put it on sale for the same price. I'm planning to use Cubase SE with
Windows 2000... Any suggestion?

I've got the layla 20 and while I've been happy with the sonic performance
and such, it is a bit of an old one...I do get weird clicks every now and
then, but I suspect the culprit is my electrics system. Never have gotten
the world clock to work properly either, and it sometimes loses sync.

So I'd get something else, but it's not a totally bad one, still...I used
to have a Maya 4/4 and some consumer-grade soundblasters, and Layla blows
that type cards outta water easy.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

"ernest" wrote in message
oups.com
Anybody still using a Layla 20bits? It's not the 24/96
but a bit older version of it. I'm weighting if I should
get this or the Delta 1010LT which is about the same
price. The Layla 20 is really old so the shop put it on
sale for the same price. I'm planning to use Cubase SE
with Windows 2000... Any suggestion?

I own a Layla 20, as well as 2 Delta 1010LTs. The Laya 20 is in storage
because it caused too much trouble when I tried to use it for 8-track
recordings of some duration, like a half hour. The Delta 1010 and 1010LTs
that replaced it have been essentially trouble-free.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
ernest

Thanks for all the quick advice and word of wisdom! I'll stick with my
1010LT.

Ernest

Posted to rec.audio.pro
ivis

Hi all,

FWIW, I've been using a Layla 20-bit for about 5 years now and it's
been trouble free. I down loaded the ASIO drivers and the new
"mixer/interface" and it's been fine. I have My DA-88's driving it{word
clock from the SY-88} and it's been a fine set up. The machines and the
computer are just always locked together with MIDI time code and word
clock and it all just sings along.

Interesting, I've never had the pop's and clicks mentioned but,
computers are unpredictable machines {if you know as little as my self
about them ;-}. I'm using mostly Cubase sx-2 and SAM.