Andrea Budde

Default Question about MP3 / Burning CD

Hello:

I want to create an 40/50 minute MP3, which when burned would split into 8
or 9 tracks. Is it possible to record / create such MP3 files ? If so - what
software / procedure would allow me to create such MP3's ?

Any response would be greatly appreciated,

- AB

slumpy

Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Andrea Budde
postulated...

Hello:

I want to create an 40/50 minute MP3, which when burned would split
into 8 or 9 tracks. Is it possible to record / create such MP3 files
? If so - what software / procedure would allow me to create such
MP3's ?

Any response would be greatly appreciated,

- AB

There are thousands. What exactly would you be using to create them from ?
--
slumpy
no more

Andrea Budde

Sorry for not being clear about the objective / what I am trying to
accomplish:

The MP3 is being recorded by me (narrated from a large story). I want the 50
minute MP3 to be created such that when it is burnt into a CD - the chapters
/ segments would get burnt as separate tracks. Is this do-able?

I appreciate any responses

-AB
"Andrea Budde" wrote in message
Hello:

I want to create an 40/50 minute MP3, which when burned would split into 8
or 9 tracks. Is it possible to record / create such MP3 files ? If so -

what
software / procedure would allow me to create such MP3's ?

Any response would be greatly appreciated,

- AB

don ward

Totally do able with appropriate software. I do cds of lectures and
presentations that are originally recorded on r2r or cassette. I transfer
them to cd as wave file and using EnhancedAudio DeCart 5 live place track
markers where i want the breaks to show up seperate tracks for each
speaker.
DeCart 5 gives yiou all kinds of neat tools for making professional CDs..
Hope this gives you a starting place... a private email or reply with
addnl ?? here ill be glad to give you the whole process

don ward

The MP3 is being recorded by me (narrated from a large story). I want the 50
minute MP3 to be created such that when it is burnt into a CD - the chapters
/ segments would get burnt as separate tracks. Is this do-able?

--
---
don ward
David A Stocks

"Andrea Budde" wrote in message
Hello:

I want to create an 40/50 minute MP3, which when burned would split into 8
or 9 tracks. Is it possible to record / create such MP3 files ? If so -

what
software / procedure would allow me to create such MP3's ?

Any response would be greatly appreciated,

- AB

Yes. I would do the following:

0. Record the MP3 file at 44.1K sample rate.
1. Decode MP3 to WAV file (I use LAME).
2. (if you didn't do step 0, resample the WAV file to 44.1K - I use ssrc)
3. Use the WAV file to burn an Audio CD using your favourite burning
software. Nero allows you to drop track markers wherever you want to put
them.

D A Stocks

anonymous

David A Stocks bedacht usenet onlangs met het
bericht , en maakte ons
deelgenoot van:

"Andrea Budde" wrote in message

I want to create an 40/50 minute MP3, which when burned would split
into 8 or 9 tracks. Is it possible to record / create such MP3 files
? If so - what software / procedure would allow me to create such
MP3's ?

Yes. I would do the following:

0. Record the MP3 file at 44.1K sample rate.
1. Decode MP3 to WAV file (I use LAME).

AFAIK, LAME can only be used to _encode_ WAV into MP3, not for decoding it
back to WAV. Just about any CD burning app will be able to do the latter
for you.

--
Polar

Question about Speaker Stands or Mounts jon s. General 0 March 2nd 04 01:12 PM
Newbie question: What software 2 use 4 recording 2 x AES/EBU (2xstereo) bERt General 0 January 26th 04 03:27 PM
Dynaco 400 question: DC General 0 November 16th 03 08:52 PM
question about technical stuff Sumedh General 1 September 7th 03 02:12 AM
cd music file burning technique question Jimbo General 0 September 2nd 03 08:08 AM