Barry R

Default Capturing Sounds from PC

Is there a way to capture something that I'm playing on my PC (for examply
on-line radio through windows media or realplayer) into a wav or other file
so that I can then burn it to a disc? I know how to do this with a sound
being input into my PC (line-in).

I realize I could record it onto cassette and then record it from the
cassette to a wav file, but this seems silly.

Barry R

I've tried Total Recorder and a bunch of other similar programs. I fiddled
around with the settings, but still don't get any signal on the 'level
meters' or on the file I create (although the sound is coming out of the
speakers). Any trouble-shooting hints?