Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Greg Davis

Default WTT Infinity RS1B system for Maggies

Hello:
I have an Infinity RS1B speaker system in excellent condition. I love
them dearly and am loathe to part with them, but am running out of room.
They demand careful placement and tend to dominate any room, so be
forewarned. If you've ever had the good fortune to hear a well set up
pair, you won't give a wet rat's ass.

Would consider trading these for a pair of Maggie 3.6R's. I'm located
in Northern Virginia, and don't think it's feasible to ship these- if
they were somehow damaged, replacement parts are out there, but becoming
increasingly hard to come by. All EMITs and EMIMs are original and work
properly. Same with the bass cones.

Speakers are two bass columns and two EMIT/EMIM wings. Oak cabinets
(medium oak finish) with no dings or nicks. The bass cabs are veneered,
but the wings are solid oak. Monster Cable wired from factory. Infinity
servo /crossover unit works fine with no hum or spurious noise from
the pots.

These speakers were perennial favorites with the stereo mags as far as
reviews go, and image like very few others. They do NOT sound like
speakers in a box, because apart from the bass frequencies, they're NOT.
Although the wings look like speaker enclosures from the front (to match
the bass cabinets), they are open in back like the Maggies, and present
a very open, airy and alive sound. I honestly can say that I have never
heard a better sound from another set of speakers, no matter what the cost.

I have to say up front that these puppies love/need power, and MUST be
biamped with amps that you could weld metal with. I used Adcom 5802's
and I liked the sound a lot. Any higher end amp like ARC, CJ, Levinson,
Krell, Perreaux or Brystons would perform well, but most mortal power
amps would end up toasted especially if you pushed the volume up to
stupid levels.

To be candid and up front about it, I'm not 100% sold on parting with
these, because owners tend to love 'em and hold on to them, but if the
right trade can be struck in the right geographical area, it would
probably fly.

email me with interest/offers. Will send hi-res pics to interested
parties.

regards
Greg

check out this link to see the factory brochure on these:
www.thedavisproject.com/brochure.htm

It's amazing what you can find when you look. Audio Opinions 76 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM