Posted to rec.audio.car
cms

Default Help on car stereos designed for 4 speakers...I only have 2 :-(

Hi
I am new to here, hope I am in the right place!!
Anyhow the thing is I bought a car stereo with cd player etc for my
partner and it is only when I have read manual it states it is not to
be used with 2 spekers and only with 4.
My partner has a van which only has 2 speakers.......is there any way
round it? or is it not looking good for car stereo on 2 speakers.??
Any insight/help will be appreciated.
Thankyou

Posted to rec.audio.car
Snooze

"cms" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
I am new to here, hope I am in the right place!!
Anyhow the thing is I bought a car stereo with cd player etc for my
partner and it is only when I have read manual it states it is not to
be used with 2 spekers and only with 4.
My partner has a van which only has 2 speakers.......is there any way
round it? or is it not looking good for car stereo on 2 speakers.??
Any insight/help will be appreciated.
Thankyou

Your stereo has 4 speakers, front left, front right, rear left, rear right.
You have a few options.
1: Use only front left and front right, not using the rear channels won't
harm anything. Obviously you won't be able to use the fader.
2. Add 2 speakers mounted in an external box.
3. Connect the rear channels to an external amp for a subwoofer.

Good luck

Posted to rec.audio.car
cms

Hi
Thanks for that.
Think the best option would be to add 2 more speakers, as it would be a
shame to send the stereo back as it was a good price.
cheers

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

cms wrote:
Hi
Thanks for that.
Think the best option would be to add 2 more speakers, as it would be a
shame to send the stereo back as it was a good price.
cheers

You'll have a hard time finding a car deck anymore that DOESN'T have
outputs for at least four speakers. Running only one pair of outputs on
two speakers shouldn't be an issue on any of them, so I find their
warning somewhat puzzling.

What brand/model deck is this?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0607-1, 02/14/2006
Tested on: 2/14/2006 3:27:25 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
BumHead

I remember about 15 or so years back we were installing AudioVox
stuff, they had instructions that said something like "use only with 4
speakers connected" , our tech checked them out and found no reason
why they cant work with just 2 speakers. We used them as 2 spk decks
and never got one back, not for a fault related to that anyway.
Mike