Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Franky

Default NAD 521BEE OR NAD 542???

What is the diference? Is anybody can hear the diference in sound?
Witch model of those two CD players is best to buy?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Tim McTeague

"Franky" wrote in message
What is the diference? Is anybody can hear the diference in sound?
Witch model of those two CD players is best to buy?

I just bought the C521BEE and had to exchange it for another when it had
disk read errors. The replacement seems fine so far. The C542 adds an HDCD
decoder, for the very few disks that offer that, and a Toslink connection
along with the standard coaxial digital output. It also has a 24 bit D-A
converter as opposed to a 20 bit on the BEE. They share the same case,
transport and nearly all other parts near as I can tell. Can you hear the
difference? Sure, as long as you avoid double blind tests and are
reasonably credulous.

Tim McTeague

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Tim McTeague

NAD update. My 2nd C521BEE read disks just fine but always emitted a high
pitched sound when turned on. Back it went and I picked up a new, but
discontinued, Sony DVP-NS999ES for $500. Oh well, I had several NAD
products die on me many years ago and sort of stayed away from the brand for
a long time. I had hoped their so-so reliability issues were in the past.

Tim

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Franky

Is that NAD 542 Super Audio CD Player or it is a Classical CD Player with
24bit DA converter???

"Tim McTeague" wrote in message
NAD update. My 2nd C521BEE read disks just fine but always emitted a high
pitched sound when turned on. Back it went and I picked up a new, but
discontinued, Sony DVP-NS999ES for $500. Oh well, I had several NAD
products die on me many years ago and sort of stayed away from the brand

for
a long time. I had hoped their so-so reliability issues were in the past.

Tim

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
uknz05

Had no problems at all with a 521BEE bought two years ago... Has been
rock solid...