Posted to rec.audio.car
jesse

Default HD radio

I should probably look this up, but im feeling posty this evening...er
morning. HD radio, what is it? is it when you get the station name and
song titles on the display? maybe its just improved quality? or a combo
of both? also, when the HU says HD ready, do you have a seperate HD
reciever that goes inline with the antenna say?... just wondering, if i
have to buy extra components, i might not, its not that important to
me... thx
Jester

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

as much as I dislike crutchfield, doing a google search returned this...

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/IS...r/hdradio.html

here ya go

http://www.google.com/search?client=...oogle+Searc h

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
I should probably look this up, but im feeling posty this evening...er
morning. HD radio, what is it? is it when you get the station name and
song titles on the display? maybe its just improved quality? or a combo
of both? also, when the HU says HD ready, do you have a seperate HD
reciever that goes inline with the antenna say?... just wondering, if i
have to buy extra components, i might not, its not that important to
me... thx
Jester

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

IBOC is what it's called in the broadcast industry. Here's the skinny. It
does not have the range of standard broadcast FM. There is no fading it
works or it don't. When it don't work the receiver switches to the FM
counterpart. that is delayed to match the IBOC signal. IT won't work in
parking garages, has problems in Concrete/rebar buildings.

Because of the toggling between the FM and IBOC the BE has to make both
stations sound approximately the same. SO the IBOC will still have a
limited dynamic range (have the hell squeezed out of it) and share the same
voicing of standard broadcast. Most BE's are allow them to go higher and
lower than FM which can effect some compression attributes, especially on
the LF. They are somewhat matched to keep you from going NUTS when it
starts toggling in fringe areas.

Soooo for CHR and Urban stations it will sound damn near the dame as FM and
is intended to do so. In classical and public I believe the IBOC signal
will help dramatically because they are not in a volume war as corporate
radio is.

Chad

"Austin Becker" wrote in message
as much as I dislike crutchfield, doing a google search returned this...

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/IS...r/hdradio.html

here ya go

http://www.google.com/search?client=...oogle+Searc h

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
I should probably look this up, but im feeling posty this evening...er
morning. HD radio, what is it? is it when you get the station name and
song titles on the display? maybe its just improved quality? or a combo
of both? also, when the HU says HD ready, do you have a seperate HD
reciever that goes inline with the antenna say?... just wondering, if i
have to buy extra components, i might not, its not that important to
me... thx
Jester

Posted to rec.audio.car
jesse

Thanks yall,
over in rec.woodworking, someone will ask a question, and invariably,
if its common google knowledge, someone will pipe up with google is
your friend. thanks for taking the time to help!, much apppreciated.
Jester

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

"jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks yall,
over in rec.woodworking, someone will ask a question, and invariably,
if its common google knowledge, someone will pipe up with google is
your friend. thanks for taking the time to help!, much apppreciated.
Jester

I worked in broadcast and just had my first IBOC tuning lesson the other day

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

Is there anywhere in the US that is actually going to utilize IBOC or HD
radio? You know.. unlike RDS...

Brandonb