Posted to rec.audio.car
John Atkins

Default stopping road noise

what are some cheaper alternatives to stop road noise besides dynamat.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/ - nice people

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/ - great site

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"John Atkins" wrote in message
what are some cheaper alternatives to stop road noise besides dynamat.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

John Atkins wrote:
what are some cheaper alternatives to stop road noise besides dynamat.

Not driving.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0605-3, 02/01/2006
Tested on: 2/1/2006 8:33:59 AM

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

If you really want to go very, very bargain basement, check out roofing
cement. I bought a gallon of that stuff (it's a petroleum product, like
dynamat) for $7.00 and was able to put about a 1/4" thick layer inside the
entire rear hatch of my Suburu Forester. It works great (doesn't smell too
good, though). You will need a putty knife to apply it. You can get this
kind of stuff at any hardware store.

MOSFET

"John Atkins" wrote in message
what are some cheaper alternatives to stop road noise besides dynamat.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

MOSFET wrote:
If you really want to go very, very bargain basement, check out roofing
cement. I bought a gallon of that stuff (it's a petroleum product, like
dynamat) for $7.00 and was able to put about a 1/4" thick layer inside the
entire rear hatch of my Suburu Forester. It works great (doesn't smell too
good, though). You will need a putty knife to apply it. You can get this
kind of stuff at any hardware store.

Yeah, smell is the problem... I used to know someone, years ago, that
wanted to cheap out and plastered his car interior with heavy roofing
tar paper. Worked great for sound deadening, but every time the weather
got hot his car smelled like a roofing truck. NOT pleasant.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0605-4, 02/01/2006
Tested on: 2/1/2006 4:19:22 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Worked great for sound deadening, but every time the weather
got hot his car smelled like a roofing truck.

Good point. You must get stuff that does, indeed cure eventually. Mine
took 6 weeks to totally cure, but the smell does go away (even when hot).

MOSFET