Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

Default FS: Bose 601 Series II Speakers - Restored ! Pickup N. Carolina

Very nice pair of vintage Bose 601 series II, "Direct Reflecting - Free
Space Array" speakers. Most audiophiles believe the Series II to be the
best performer of the Bose 601 loudspeakers. I installed new foam
surrounds on all 4 woofers on 01/24/06.. they are like new and should
perform great for another 12-16+ years. All original drivers work
perfectly. Cabinets and grilles have been thoroughly cleaned and are in
excellent condition. Cabinets have a few tiny surface nicks along some
of verticle edges, and a very thin 1" scrape along top back edge of 1
speaker (I mended with a very thin piece of brown vinyl tape to seal...
barely noticeable and you'd have to look for it). Each speaker has
it's 4 original plastic "feet" for stable placement and protecting
cabinet bottoms. The cabinets are very solid and presentable! Speakers
have been fully restored, tested and ready to be enjoyed... they sound
wonderful!

Known specs, each speaker:
Bass Reflex (ported) system
Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Rating" 125 watts RMS
HF Drivers: 4 x 3" Cone Tweeters
LF Drivers: 2 x 8" Woofers (new foam surrounds)
Cabinet/Dimensions: Walnut Vinyl Veneer / 29"H x 14"W x 13"D
Weight: 40 lbs.
Mfg: March 1982

Pictures of these can be seen at following link:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/unc80/album?.dir=b7e4

A pair of these 601 series II speakers recently sold on Ebay for $405 +
shipping ( see item # 5856884078 ).

I'd prefer to sell locally for $300, cash only. Located in Chapel
Hill, NC very close to I40 exit 273. NO SHIPPING. Serious buyers
please email to schedule a definite time to see and hear. Thanks...