Posted to rec.audio.misc
bt

Default Audio to Multiple Sources

I am running surround in my family room and will be running 4-5 rooms
with independence volume controls off a audio distribution panel. I
want to use the surround reciever for surround only. I have a second
older reciever that I would like to power the house audio. How can I
connect my CD player and Slimbox to both units, so that I have the
option of playing the same thing in every room, or the same source in
all rooms except the family room? If possible how would I actually
make the connection. Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Phillip Devoll

"bt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am running surround in my family room and will be running 4-5 rooms
with independence volume controls off a audio distribution panel. I
want to use the surround reciever for surround only. I have a second
older reciever that I would like to power the house audio. How can I
connect my CD player and Slimbox to both units, so that I have the
option of playing the same thing in every room, or the same source in
all rooms except the family room? If possible how would I actually
make the connection. Thanks

Are you using rca connectors from the cd player?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Rich Wilson

"bt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am running surround in my family room and will be running 4-5 rooms
with independence volume controls off a audio distribution panel. I
want to use the surround reciever for surround only. I have a second
older reciever that I would like to power the house audio. How can I
connect my CD player and Slimbox to both units, so that I have the
option of playing the same thing in every room, or the same source in
all rooms except the family room? If possible how would I actually
make the connection. Thanks

One way of doing it would be to connect both sources to both receivers,
using switches so you can select which receiver each source is directed to.
At least one of your receivers should have an output (tape loop) that you
could connect to a spare input on the other receiver, for times when you
want both to play the same thing.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
bt

I was thinking of running into the seperate reciever for whole house
audio, and when I wanted it in the family room, maybe run into the tape
loop (no tape player). There would not be a problem with that?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Rich Wilson

"bt" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was thinking of running into the seperate reciever for whole house
audio, and when I wanted it in the family room, maybe run into the tape
loop (no tape player). There would not be a problem with that?

That sounds absolutely fine to me.