Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jonny Durango

Default M-Audio Fast Track Pro

STRATEGY wrote:
I just bought one of these for $189.00.

They seem to be giving me al awful lot of soundcard (4x4 for instance)
for my buck, any catches I should be aware of?

Will be using on my new Dell laptop which came bundled with XP Media
Edition, shouldn't be any problems there, right? The guy in the sture
didn't think so (lol, why would he??)

Thanks,

STRATEGY

some people have had issues with the drivers......the electronic
components (aside from the neutrik connectors) are pretty low quality
and the A/D is not very good.....plus you only get 2 channels of input
simultaneously (which is true of any 24/96 USB interface).....it's a
good little interface for the money.....personally i would probably go
w/ the tascam us122 instead or even a presonus inspire (firewire) which
gives you 4 inputs simultaneously and is also bus powered, but the fast
track just looks so much cooler it's hard to decide!

Jonny Durango