Posted to rec.audio.pro
Skler

Default Fostex G16S trouble shooting challenge...

Hi,

I'm working on a Fostex G16S (1/2 inch 16) for a friend. We have a service
manual on the way, so I'm in the process of cogitating the problem. There
are four record/reproduce cards that pass signal okay in the input mode but
will not pass signal in the playback mode. All other cards work fine and
when good cards and swapped for bad, the problem goes away. I'm guessing
analog transmission gates or switching MOSFETs perhaps. Any useful
information would be most appreciated. I'll give Fostex a call after the
holiday tomorrow, but I don't expect much. I bet no one there will have even
heard of a G16S! :-)

Peace

Schuyler Hupp
Austin, Texas