Posted to rec.audio.pro
DamienStewart

Default Help me diagnose an SR71 problem

Hi ALL,
I have an SR71 that just stopped working. The tip of the mic is making
a "pts...pts...pst...pst" noise.
I've swapped all the gear and have narrowed this down to an issue
with the SR71. Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened and how I
can repair it?

Thanks in advance,
Damien

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

DamienStewart wrote:

I have an SR71 that just stopped working. The tip of the mic is making
a "pts...pts...pst...pst" noise.
I've swapped all the gear and have narrowed this down to an issue
with the SR71. Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened and how I
can repair it?

You can repair it by packing it up and sending it back to Earthworks.
It's broken and there's nothing that you can fix without risking
further damage to the mic.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PapaNate

DamienStewart wrote:

I have an SR71 that just stopped working.

Have you tried contacting the CIA?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:51:19 GMT, PapaNate
wrote:

DamienStewart wrote:

I have an SR71 that just stopped working.

Have you tried contacting the CIA?

Don't you mean Lockheed? Admittedly it is probably out of warranty by
now.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
PapaNate

Don Pearce wrote:

Don't you mean Lockheed? Admittedly it is probably out of warranty by
now.

Misdirection...you never know who you really are speaking with....

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DamienStewart

Thanks Mike. I'll contact Earthworks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DamienStewart

I'm powering it with a ROSS phantom power box. I've swapped the ROSS
box with another but no luck.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nappy

"DamienStewart" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm powering it with a ROSS phantom power box. I've swapped the ROSS
box with another but no luck.

I don't have an SR71. If it has a battery compartment I would check that.If
it is a removable capsule I would check that connection But other than power
I have no suggestions for you. Starting to look like bad electronics. good
luck.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rob Reedijk

DamienStewart wrote:

Hi ALL,
I have an SR71 that just stopped working. The tip of the mic is making
a "pts...pts...pst...pst" noise.
I've swapped all the gear and have narrowed this down to an issue
with the SR71. Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened and how I
can repair it?

Thanks in advance,
Damien

It's not a humidity problem, is it?

Rob R.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
flopbucket

Have you tried adjusting the intakes? When I was flying a SR71 (back
when I was station at Kadena air base), we had lots of problems with
them just stop working. Usually it was an air intake problem, and
occurred if we did not follow the climb/descend pattern properly and
not give the on board computers enough time to adjust the intake
nacelles. I would try to slow down during your initial climb out and
give the engines a time to adjust. If you tread it nice and easy like
a baby, she will run fine!

CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM