Posted to rec.audio.pro
AL

Default Midi Sound on my computer

Dear Friend

Is there a way of having a better midi sound from my computer?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

The only way to getter better midi sound is to get a better midi
synthesizer. You can get a software synth like the Roland Virtual Sound
Canvas or a hardware synth that hooks up to your computer via a midi
interface.

Thomas
www.yourhomestudio.com

Home Studio Newsletter -

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Kesselman

Is there a way of having a better midi sound from my computer?

Sure. Better soundcard, better MIDI-driven synth software.

What "better" means is up for grabs, however. Remember that MIDI is a
score, and subject to interpretation; your instruments are unlikely to
sound exactly like the instruments that the MIDI file's author used
unless you've got *precisely* the same hardware/software.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Evangelos Himonides

Many possible answers...
try:
http://www.synthfont.com/
It's free, and it might be something that you might (again) consider a
major upgrade!

Good luck,

Evangelos

%
Evangelos Himonides
IoE, University of London
tel: +44 2076126599
fax: +44 2076126741
"Allas to those who never sing but die with all their music in them..."

Oliver Wendell Holmes
%

Posted to rec.audio.pro
AL

No I guest I didn't explain myself better - what I mean is when playing a
midi song from let say guitar tab is there a place were I can download more
or better sound sample.

"AL" wrote in message
Dear Friend

Is there a way of having a better midi sound from my computer?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Sylvester

"AL" wrote in message

Dear Friend

Is there a way of having a better midi sound from my computer?

I think your missing the point. MIDI does not contain any sound. Its
just a set of instructions, like play this "note" on this "instrument",
at this volume. The conversion to "sound" ("synthesis") is done by your
sound card. Some cards, like the Sound Blaster, do allow you do add
"sound fonts", which may make it sound better. Use of a "soft synth"
does this sort of thing as well, but without the hardware.

--Peter
Posted to rec.audio.pro
YourHomeStudioDotCom

try going to harmonycentral.com and go to the midi section. You can
also google the name of the song + midi and get some results there. My
experience is that the more popular a song is, the better the midi
files are.

Thomas
www.yourhomestudio.com

Free Home Studio Newsletter -