Posted to rec.audio.pro
joe mama

Default live reverb recording problems

hi,

i'm trying to mix a track of room ambience with a dry track to see how it
sounds. here is my setup. i am running the headphone outs from my mixer to
my guitar amp. then i am trying to re-mic that signal, bypassing the mixer
(just used for monitoring anyway) and going directly into my soundcard, then
Cubase SX.

the problem I am having is that the signal (from my preamp) starts feeding
back before it is at an acceptable recording level.

am i doing this completely wrong? I am about twenty feet away from my room
monitors, and don't think they are close enough to be causing the feedback.

?????

thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
mainmachine

turn off your monitors while recording- turn them back on to listen.
also, are your computer's speakers on? turn them down or off while
recording.

-daver

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill

joe mama wrote:

hi,

i'm trying to mix a track of room ambience with a dry track to see how it
sounds. here is my setup. i am running the headphone outs from my mixer to
my guitar amp. then i am trying to re-mic that signal, bypassing the mixer
(just used for monitoring anyway) and going directly into my soundcard, then
Cubase SX.

the problem I am having is that the signal (from my preamp) starts feeding
back before it is at an acceptable recording level.

am i doing this completely wrong? I am about twenty feet away from my room
monitors, and don't think they are close enough to be causing the feedback.

?????

thanks

Mute the room mic in the monitors.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Can you take the signal from anywhere other than the headphone/monitor
send? A direct or insert of a fader that doesn't go into the monitor
send?