Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kalle Heinänen

Default Short mic/speaker stand?

I'm looking for a short (35-45cm heigh) microphone stand. It is for a
speaker (weight 5.6kg). I've got the plate adapter for a standard microphone
stand.

Here is the only option I've found so far:

http://www.k-m.de/D/Katalog/anzeige/...?ID=524&spr=DE (the 7th from
left)

I would prefer good looks, because it would be for living room use. Are
there any nicer looking alternatives to this K&M stand?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kalle Heinänen

I'll just add that in inches the optimal height would be 17" and that the
stand would be placed on a table.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Predrag Trpkov

"Kalle Heinänen" wrote in message
I'm looking for a short (35-45cm heigh) microphone stand. It is for a
speaker (weight 5.6kg). I've got the plate adapter for a standard

microphone
stand.

Here is the only option I've found so far:

http://www.k-m.de/D/Katalog/anzeige/...?ID=524&spr=DE (the 7th

from
left)

I would prefer good looks, because it would be for living room use. Are
there any nicer looking alternatives to this K&M stand?

There are special stands for kick drum microphones that would fit your
height criteria, but I hope you've figured it out how to attach a relatively
heavy speaker to a microphone stand.

Alternatively, there are dedicated speaker stands like Quik Lok BS-313,
BS-619 or QL-322.

Predrag

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Predrag Trpkov

"Kalle Heinänen" wrote in message
I'm looking for a short (35-45cm heigh) microphone stand. It is for a
speaker (weight 5.6kg). I've got the plate adapter for a standard

microphone
stand.

Here is the only option I've found so far:

http://www.k-m.de/D/Katalog/anzeige/...?ID=524&spr=DE (the 7th

from
left)

I would prefer good looks, because it would be for living room use. Are
there any nicer looking alternatives to this K&M stand?

OK, you've got a plate adapter, but it still doesn't seem like a stable
solution. You can check Quik Lok A-341 if it has to be a microphone stand.

Predrag

Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimPerry

"Kalle Heinänen" wrote in message
I'm looking for a short (35-45cm heigh) microphone stand. It is for a
speaker (weight 5.6kg). I've got the plate adapter for a standard

microphone
stand.

Here is the only option I've found so far:

http://www.k-m.de/D/Katalog/anzeige/...?ID=524&spr=DE (the 7th

from
left)

I would prefer good looks, because it would be for living room use. Are
there any nicer looking alternatives to this K&M stand?

standard pipe with flanges painted to match room decor bolted to base big
enough to keep from tipping over.

you can even drill a couple holes and run the speaker cable through the
inside.

then tell everyone that the iron molecules improved the speaker magnet in
some way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kalle Heinänen

You can check Quik Lok A-341 if it has to be a
microphone stand.

I know that 20-25cm height works just fine with a heavy duty circle bottom
plate with my speaker, but it's true that this 43cm is a bit tall.

I was hoping to find something like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

only with right height and a microphone type screw on the top or right size
top plate (which is very impropable to be found).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Kalle Heinänen wrote:
You can check Quik Lok A-341 if it has to be a
microphone stand.

I know that 20-25cm height works just fine with a heavy duty circle bottom
plate with my speaker, but it's true that this 43cm is a bit tall.

I was hoping to find something like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

only with right height and a microphone type screw on the top or right size
top plate (which is very impropable to be found).

So get a hacksaw and a 5/8-27 die.