Posted to rec.audio.pro
radiophonik

Default studio psychology

For a research, I have to find some information about studio
psychology, how to have a good working atmosphere, how the musician may
feel good and particularly the singer, how to develop their capacities
and so on. If you have some resource for me: articles, links, working
experiences, examples, please leave messages .

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
george

"radiophonik" wrote in message
oups.com...
For a research, I have to find some information about studio
psychology, how to have a good working atmosphere, how the musician may
feel good and particularly the singer, how to develop their capacities
and so on. If you have some resource for me: articles, links, working
experiences, examples, please leave messages .

Thanks

I'd be a bit surprised if that info was in print (in an article). You'll
probably need to interview some studio musicians... (the ones whose names
are WAY down in very fine print as you'll never get to famous people and
they get treated well wherever they go anyway + many of the studio musicians
practically live in studios)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
artbeat77

I've thumbed through "The Art of Record Production" by Richard James
Burgess published by Omnibus Press.

"Art of Record Production
Author: Burgess, Richard James
Paperback
234 pages
Published: May 1997
Omnibus Press
ISBN: 0711955522
This item non-returnable. Order may not be canceled.

This is a guide for those interested in record production and the
problems faced by the modern day record producer. It includes a rundown
on the different types of producers available, what they are likely to
earn and the relationship they have with artists and record labels."

from: http://www.opengroup.com/mubooks/071/0711955522.shtml

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley

On 3 Jan 2006 02:03:48 -0800, "radiophonik"
wrote:

For a research, I have to find some information about studio
psychology, how to have a good working atmosphere, how the musician may
feel good and particularly the singer, how to develop their capacities
and so on. If you have some resource for me: articles, links, working
experiences, examples, please leave messages .

This newsgroup has been fascinating reading. While much of the
writings here have nothing to do with this, there are the nuggets that
have everything to do with it. There's fooling the singer who 'must'
have an SM-58, so he/she gets one, but the real mic is set a foot or
three away, and the talent is told it's there to capture the room
ambience. It appears a neccesary studio ability is to keep a straight
face when an engineer or producer tells 'the talent' a whopper in
order to get something done or keep up the flow.
Start with this link:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...o?start=224600
and when you're through with each page hit "Newer topics."

Also, read The Mixerman Chronicles a.k.a. "The Daily Adventures of
Mixerman", most of it is online starting he

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/week1/mm.php

or buy a new paperback copy he

http://www.mixerman.net

There are even used copies starting to show up. This is good, I was
actually wondering if it was ALL fake, but it appears the part about
it being published as a book is true:

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/Ref...03185425373800

I just found where it (apparently the new paperback edition) sells on
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159863206X
"Publisher: Artistpro; 1 edition (February 22, 2006)"

Yes, you can order the future now.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
radiophonik