Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron(UK)

Default Uher M650

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

Cheers
Ron(UK)
--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Pooh Bear

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

*8* pin ? I thought they stopped at around 6 pins.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron(UK)

Pooh Bear wrote:

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

*8* pin ? I thought they stopped at around 6 pins.

Graham

Nope you can still buy 8 pin by Preh and Deltron.

Condiments of the Seasoning btw Graham.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Pooh Bear

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

*8* pin ? I thought they stopped at around 6 pins.

Graham

Nope you can still buy 8 pin by Preh and Deltron.

Condiments of the Seasoning btw Graham.

Lol ! Cheers Ron. Wishing you a Merry Salt and Pepper too.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Crowley

"Ron(UK)" wrote:
Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din
XLR adaptor fabricating.

You might try over at...
http://www.audioasylum.com/index.html

There seem to be many discussions of Uher pinouts.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Crowley

"Pooh Bear" wrote ...
"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din
XLR adaptor fabricating.

*8* pin ? I thought they stopped at around 6 pins.

I bought 8-pin DIN connectors at DigiKey several
months ago. They are used for the viewfinder connector
on the Sony DXC series of 3-chip industrial cameras.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Ron(UK) wrote:
Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

I don't off the top of my head, but an ohmmeter will show you. If it
is wired balanced, there will be one pin with DC continuity to the case.
That's pin 1.

Now, there will be two sets of two pins with low resistance between them.
Those are the two microphone windings. I _think_ one of them is pin 1
and pin 2.

Some of the Uher dynamics were wired unbalanced, though. If that's the
case, you'll find a pin with low resistance to the case and two pins
with higher resistance to the case.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron(UK)

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Ron(UK)" wrote:

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

You might try over at...
http://www.audioasylum.com/index.html

There seem to be many discussions of Uher pinouts.

Cheers for that Richard, I`ll take a look.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron(UK)

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ron(UK) wrote:

Does anyone please have the connection details for the 8 pin DIN
connector on a Uher M650 microphone, I have a customer wanting a din to
XLR adaptor fabricating.

I don't off the top of my head, but an ohmmeter will show you. If it
is wired balanced, there will be one pin with DC continuity to the case.
That's pin 1.

Now, there will be two sets of two pins with low resistance between them.
Those are the two microphone windings. I _think_ one of them is pin 1
and pin 2.

Some of the Uher dynamics were wired unbalanced, though. If that's the
case, you'll find a pin with low resistance to the case and two pins
with higher resistance to the case.
--scott

As the customer said it contains a battery I was presuming that it`s a
condensor mike. I`m not going to let him send it to me through the post
until I`m pretty sure I can get the right info.

Cheers
Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Ron(UK) wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ron(UK) wrote:

[...]

I thought it was a dynamic stereo mike?
You can do the same ohmmeter trick with a condenser mike, although
you'll see a lot less leakage across the outputs.

Batteries & the Broker / Uher s200 sandtone Pro Audio 2 November 29th 05 02:06 PM
Uher CR 160 Mike Tschel. Pro Audio 5 March 24th 05 06:08 AM
Nagra, Uher ... portable open reel recorders ... questions ..... Daniel Pro Audio 34 November 12th 04 08:28 AM
Uher Reel-to-Reel Connections? Greg Pro Audio 4 March 27th 04 03:46 AM
Uher Reel-to-Reel Connections? Greg Tech 0 March 26th 04 06:29 AM