Posted to rec.audio.car
Chris

Default Amp Wiring

Anyone know what ampage of wire I would need to wire in a 2x30W SoundLab
Amp? It only has a 5Amp fuse on the constant live.

Also, what size of fuse would I need for the fuse that goes near the
battery?

I know its not big, but I have 2 kids so don't need loads of noise :-)

Cheers.
Chris

Posted to rec.audio.car
Bob

http://www.bcae1.com/

Look at #16, WIRE

"Chris" wrote in message
k...
Anyone know what ampage of wire I would need to wire in a 2x30W SoundLab
Amp? It only has a 5Amp fuse on the constant live.

Also, what size of fuse would I need for the fuse that goes near the
battery?

I know its not big, but I have 2 kids so don't need loads of noise :-)

Cheers.
Chris

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

Chris wrote:
Anyone know what ampage of wire I would need to wire in a 2x30W SoundLab
Amp? It only has a 5Amp fuse on the constant live.

16-gauge is plenty if the amp isn't drawing more than 5A. You could run
something a little bigger if you figure you're ever going to upgrade or
supplement the amp later, to save the trouble then.

Also, what size of fuse would I need for the fuse that goes near the
battery?

If the amp already has its own fuse, then the fuse at the battery serves
only for safety of the car itself: if the wire should rub through and
short against the car body, not having a fuse at the battery could allow
a fire to start. That fuse doesn't need to be any bigger than the on in
the amp.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0552-4, 12/30/2005
Tested on: 1/1/2006 5:07:39 PM