Posted to rec.audio.misc
Larry B

Default Steinberg Clean- off the map

I made the mistake of buying Clean 4 about a year ago and stashing it away
for a while.

Now I come to find out that Steinberg had been bought from Pinnacle by
Yamaha and that, somewhere along the way, Clean has been discontinued.

Hence, it is like the guy in The Terminal, no home to go back to. No one
supports it and no one has a forum. Pinnacle points to Steinberg, Steinberg
points to Yamaha and Yamaha points to Pinnacle.

Anyone have a suggestion for support (user or corporate) besides support
from the rubbish collector?

Thanks, Lar

Posted to rec.audio.misc
jwmack

Default Clean 4 off map

Larry, there is one update available...
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Archives/PC/clean/40r1/

I am looking for an LP to CD conversion utility -- have you used this
program and can you recommend it :?:

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Larry B.

Hi, thanks for the update. What it does exactly will probably remain an
unknown. We'll see if there is a README file. if it unpacks.

Honestly, Clean is feature rich but not very intuitive. If you are a
grind-it-out PC user then you would get through it. My patience runs a
little thin as time is scarce for me to create a learning curve by trial and
error.

With no support from anyone, it is iffy. I cannot even find a personal web
page by someone that documents personal hints and suggestions. Tons of
background info (likeforum threads, etc) were wiped from Pinnacle's and
Steinberg's sites. It is amazing that you found even this patch... on
Steinberg's site, too (instead of Pinnacles)! Personlly, I will not buy
another Pinnacle product for abandoning consumers with such ease, haste and
thoroughness. I paid good money for this product and then a few months later
was set adrift.

Thanks again for the patch. If you able to find some type of support that I
could not, your posting that, as well, would be greatly appreciated.