sagan

Default Recording Drums

Hi,

Here is my case, I need to record some drum tracks using the following mics:
sm57, sm58, beta 52a kick, and 2 akg c1000 condensers. Does anyone have any
suggestions on mic placement? Also, I will be recording some vocal tracks
with these same mics availible.....any suggestions there? Any help is
greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Todd H.

"sagan" writes:

Hi,

Here is my case, I need to record some drum tracks using the following mics:
sm57, sm58, beta 52a kick, and 2 akg c1000 condensers. Does anyone have any
suggestions on mic placement? Also, I will be recording some vocal tracks
with these same mics availible.....any suggestions there? Any help is
greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

How many piece kit?

If there's any more than one tom, I'm thinking you need more mics.
The condensers will be best suited to overhead and/or high hat use to
pick up the high end of the cymbals.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/

Recording Drums sagan General 0 March 9th 04 06:03 AM
18 DVDs VSL TUBA TUBULAR BELLS, TRUMPET (1) CA, TRUMPET ENSEMBLE,TRUMPET (1) C, VIOLA ENSEBLE, VIOLIN ENSEBLE. STRING ENSEBLE, MIDITOOLS, VIOLIN ENSEBLE (4), DRUMS ENSEBLE, TROMBONE ENSEBLES, TENORTROMBONE (1), PERCUSSION 3, OMBOE, CELLO ENSEBLE, HO oly General 0 February 21st 04 06:36 PM
Filtering hiss behind voice recording Fred General 2 February 3rd 04 02:10 PM
FA: Tech 21 Trademark 10 recording amp, Boss Chorus pedal Giftsupply General 0 December 2nd 03 10:42 PM
OT? Win98SE, help with audio recording from sound card? Logan263 General 5 October 25th 03 01:38 PM