Default Fade symbol fails to appear in Acid pro 5

Hello,
This is sort of a continuation of a previous posting, one in which I
don't think I was very clear about my issue. I am trying to create a
fade on a track in acid pro 5, but the fade symbol never appears. I
follow the steps outlined in the manual: move the cursor to the upper
right corner of the event/track; a two-headed horizontal arrow and a
quarter circle should appear. It does not. What does appear is a
two-headed horizontal arrow and a rectangle. I have tried this many
times and the result is always the same. I have tried restarting the
machine, use new and/or old files, and still no quarter circle. I have
moved the cursor in every conceivable location on and around the track.
I believe that I must have changed a default setting at some point or
another. Does anyone know what would cause the fade symbol to fail to
appear?

thanks,
andrew

Dave Kowalski

Andrew

In most DAWs, the 2 headed arrow would indicate a crossfade between regions.

Zoom in to the end of your track all the way and make sure there isn't a
tiny audio region that you just aren't seeing at normal zoom.

If so, delete or move it out of the way and try your fade again.

Hope this helps,

Dave Kowalski
http://www.bennettstudios.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thank you. The track view was the problem. I zoomed in on the track
and that fixed the problem.

Andrew

Using a fade in Acid Pro 5 [email protected] Pro Audio 7 October 27th 05 04:44 AM
mashup/remix help Jon Pro Audio 4 October 26th 05 05:58 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Pro Audio 4 December 21st 04 06:15 AM
Funny story about tubes [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 1 December 20th 04 06:00 PM