hank alrich

Default RIP SHirley Horn

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...54&ft=1&f=1001

--
ha
Kurt Albershardt

Sigh...
Roger W. Norman

I've tried, somewhat, to disassociate myself with the news of late, and I'm
not here every day anymore. But this is, indeed, a sad passing, just as was
Keter Betts. Shirley was a DC mainstay during her early years and always
had a welcoming homecoming when she came back.

They are dropping like flies, but like flies, we all know our generation's
crop and don't really know squat about the current one, and vice versa.
Shirley is one that I never got to see, much less record, but I'll still
miss her just like I miss Ricky Loza, Charlie Byrd, Etta Jones and a number
of others I did have the pleasure to record. I'm not sure I want to outlast
my list of those I have recorded. I'm sure Scott will appreciate this, but
when Shirley goes and Toni Harris is still around, then life just ain't
fair! g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio