svendesign

Default Ampex AG-500 preamp wanted

Looking for another preamp for an Ampex AG-500 2 track tape machine.
please email if you are willing to sell.

thanks
Kristian

Scott Dorsey

svendesign wrote:
Well this is not for me actually... I got the AG-500 unit from an old radio
station and never had any intention of using it so I sold it on ebay to a
guy but it only had one preamp... he wants another one... Any leads on
another preamp would be appreciated

Ask on the Ampex mailing list. I would suspect that most of the ones
out there hit the trashcans years ago, but if there are any left, the
Ampex mailing list guys will know who has one in a junk drawer somewhere.

You really should warn the guy who buys the machine against using the
horrid things, though.