Jim

Default Logic Pro 7 backwards compatibility

Hi,

I am a Music Production student at Chester University in the UK and I
have recently purchased Logic Pro 7 and an Apple G5 desktop to run it
on. Howevre i have discovered that my uni uses Logic Pro 6. If i do any
recording in Logic 6, then open it on Logic 7, then save it (making NO
CHANGES) the project is no longer openable in Logic 6. Is there anyway
to get around this in Logic.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Jim

John Adair

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:43:59 +0100, Jim wrote
(in article .com):

Hi,

I am a Music Production student at Chester University in the UK and I
have recently purchased Logic Pro 7 and an Apple G5 desktop to run it
on. Howevre i have discovered that my uni uses Logic Pro 6. If i do any
recording in Logic 6, then open it on Logic 7, then save it (making NO
CHANGES) the project is no longer openable in Logic 6. Is there anyway
to get around this in Logic.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Jim

You'll need to get your college to upgrade their copies of Logic to 6.4.3 - I
believe this final version of Logic 6 was specifically released to be able to
open Logic 7 songs. It does work, but I'm not how *well* it works. I
certainly wouldn't like to rely on it staying working and not screwing up on
you at some point when it really matters. And watch out you don't use any of
the Logic 7 plugs on stuff you work on at home if you want to take them back
into uni!

http://www.emagic.de/support/download/lprox.php?lang=EN

John

--

yorkio65 at yahoo dot co dot uk

hank alrich

Jim wrote:

Hi,

I am a Music Production student at Chester University in the UK and I
have recently purchased Logic Pro 7 and an Apple G5 desktop to run it
on. Howevre i have discovered that my uni uses Logic Pro 6. If i do any
recording in Logic 6, then open it on Logic 7, then save it (making NO
CHANGES) the project is no longer openable in Logic 6. Is there anyway
to get around this in Logic.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Jim

Here's a link to a fine Logicians resource:

ha
Jim

THANK YOU!!! I shall advise the college right away.

Jim