Pea Hicks

Default MicroTrack & Rode NT4?

hi-

does anyone know whether or not a Rode NT4 should work ok w/ the M-Audio
MicroTrack? I'm thinking particularly about the 1/8" stereo input and
running the mic on battery power.

thanks-
pea
Richard Crowley

"Pea Hicks" wrote ...
does anyone know whether or not a Rode NT4 should work ok w/ the M-Audio
MicroTrack? I'm thinking particularly about the 1/8" stereo input and
running the mic on battery power.

If Len ever sends my Microtrack :-( I intend to perform this
very experiment. I am expecting that it will work just fine.

Pea Hicks

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Pea Hicks" wrote ...

does anyone know whether or not a Rode NT4 should work ok w/ the M-Audio
MicroTrack? I'm thinking particularly about the 1/8" stereo input and
running the mic on battery power.

If Len ever sends my Microtrack :-( I intend to perform this
very experiment. I am expecting that it will work just fine.

the microtrack info says the 1/8" jack is for an "electret" mic, though
i'm not sure if that means it will *only* work with an "electret" mic...

pea
Mr Lee

Yes I can confirm this works just fine - I tried this configuration
exactly. I think it would work better to use the TRS inputs so you can
use the high input. My recording with NT4 on 1/8" was a little on the
quiet side. My MicroTrack is going back to the store tomorrow though,
the battery life is not up to snuff.
a.

Pea Hicks wrote:
hi-

does anyone know whether or not a Rode NT4 should work ok w/ the M-Audio
MicroTrack? I'm thinking particularly about the 1/8" stereo input and
running the mic on battery power.

thanks-
pea

Zigakly

does anyone know whether or not a Rode NT4 should work ok w/ the M-Audio
MicroTrack? I'm thinking particularly about the 1/8" stereo input and
running the mic on battery power.

For high SPL's no problem, but more importantly the NT4 works well on
low-voltage phantom, recommends minimum 18V, so the MicroTrack's 30V over
the TRS mic inputs is ample.

Patrick

Where has you find your XLR to 2 TRS mono cable ?????
I don't find this anywhere !!!
And must be balanced or unbalanced ???

Thanks

Patrick