localguy70

Default problem xferring roland 2480 wav files to tascam 2488

I tried to transfer roland 2480 (24bit/44.1khz/mono) wav files to a
tascam 2488 and the tascam would start reading the disc but then eject
it. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Tim Martin

"localguy70" wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried to transfer roland 2480 (24bit/44.1khz/mono) wav files to a
tascam 2488 and the tascam would start reading the disc but then eject
it. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Are you using the Tascam's import wav file function?

Tim

localguy70

Tim Martin wrote:
"localguy70" wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried to transfer roland 2480 (24bit/44.1khz/mono) wav files to a
tascam 2488 and the tascam would start reading the disc but then eject
it. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Are you using the Tascam's import wav file function?

Tim

Tim,

I didn't even make that far into the process. I place the disc in the
drive and it starts to read it and then just pops the drive door open.

Woody

Tim Martin

"localguy70" wrote in message
oups.com...

I didn't even make that far into the process. I place the disc in the
drive and it starts to read it and then just pops the drive door open.

What format is the CD in? That is, exactly how did you create it?

Tim

localguy70

Tim Martin wrote:
"localguy70" wrote in message
oups.com...

I didn't even make that far into the process. I place the disc in the
drive and it starts to read it and then just pops the drive door open.

What format is the CD in? That is, exactly how did you create it?

Tim

I exported the WAVs using the 2480 WAV file export. When I could not
get to load into the 2488 the first time, I copied them onto my PC HD
and then used my Sonic CD burner program to burn them to CD in case
there was hidden data that was put on the original CD by the 2480 that
might confuse the 2488.

I called the guys at Roland and they told me that there should not be a
problem with loading those files into other systems since they are
industry standard format. I even loaded onto a PC with Sonar 4
installed and they load and played fine from either CD that I had
created earlier.

I thought this was going to be much simplier than it is turning out.

Woody

Tim Martin

"localguy70" wrote in message
ups.com...

I exported the WAVs using the 2480 WAV file export.

OK.

1) What kind of CD drive are you using on the Roland 2480?

2) What kind of CDs are you using? (They should be CD-R or CD-RW. I expect
they are, but it's worth checking.)

3) Was there an option to finalise the CD, and if so, did you use it?

4) On your PC, can you run a directory listing of the CD you wrote on the
Roland, and post the results?

5) Are you able to import any other .wav files using the Tascam CD drive?

6) Can you try exporting a .wav files from the Tascam, and giving a
directory listing of the resulting CD

Tim

Problem with Tascam CDRW 5000 Jacob Robbins Pro Audio 2 December 24th 04 10:17 PM
Tascam Cd D4000 MkII Problem monitor Pro Audio 0 November 4th 04 10:22 PM
CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM