Ian Ferrier

Default Good headset mics for live sound???

I'm looking for a headset mic I can use to do whispered vocals in front of a
band. Hi gain, good sound, reasonable rejection so that it doesn't feed,
and not too shrieky in the high end. Any ideas? Just tried a Shure
dynamic, but it doesn't seem to have enough gain. Others I'm thinking of
are Countryman, Audio-technica, and AKG...
Does anyone have experience with these or other good headsets?

Thanks,
Ian Ferrier

Phil Allison

"Ian Ferrier"

I'm looking for a headset mic I can use to do whispered vocals in front of
band.

** Stop right there !!!!!

You need a mime not a mic - ****head.

.......... Phil

Scott Dorsey

Ian Ferrier wrote:
I'm looking for a headset mic I can use to do whispered vocals in front of a
band. Hi gain, good sound, reasonable rejection so that it doesn't feed,
and not too shrieky in the high end. Any ideas? Just tried a Shure
dynamic, but it doesn't seem to have enough gain. Others I'm thinking of
are Countryman, Audio-technica, and AKG...

You tried the Shure SM-12? It didn't have enough _gain_ flat out, or
it didn't have good enough gain before feedback?

Does anyone have experience with these or other good headsets?

I use the Countryman a lot, but I also use the SM-12 now and then
and I'm surprised you're having a problem with it.

Phil Allison wrote:

** Stop right there !!!!!

You need a mime not a mic - ****head.

......... Phil

That was helpful.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

wrote in message oups.com...
Phil Allison wrote:

** Stop right there !!!!!

You need a mime not a mic - ****head.

......... Phil

That was helpful.

No... that was Phil. It could have been funny, but
the "f*ckhead" made it a train wreck. :-\

Phil Allison

Phil Allison wrote:

** Stop right there !!!!!

You need a mime not a mic - ****head.

That was helpful.

** My post was helpful.

Your totally asinine remark was not.

............ Phil

Mick

Has anyone tried the Samson QV? I haven't seen one yet, myself.
The specs look good, for a cheapo hypercardioid headset condensor.
But specs can lie like a dog when they want to...
--
---Mikhael...
jeff

I'm using 5 of the Audio Technica AT892 Microsets on a stage musical right
now. I'm getting all the things below. I got them for $249 ea. I've sampled
the Countryman equivalent, and the cable is a little stouter, but they're
about a hundred bucks more. And Countryman gouges for replacement parts like
windscreens and the like.
"Ian Ferrier" wrote in message
I'm looking for a headset mic I can use to do whispered vocals in front of

band. Hi gain, good sound, reasonable rejection so that it doesn't feed,
and not too shrieky in the high end. Any ideas? Just tried a Shure
dynamic, but it doesn't seem to have enough gain. Others I'm thinking of
are Countryman, Audio-technica, and AKG...
Does anyone have experience with these or other good headsets?

Thanks,
Ian Ferrier

ManWSlohand

You tried the Shure SM-12?

I've owned a Shure for years. It's okay but the Crown is a much better
headset mic.

Scott Dorsey

ManWSlohand wrote:
You tried the Shure SM-12?

I've owned a Shure for years. It's okay but the Crown is a much better
headset mic.

For most people, yeah, but not always for p-poppers. And if the original
poster has an SM-12, well, a hand in the bush is better than amike you
don't have.

And the Countryman beats them all too, I think.