ulTRAX

Default Looking for Info on AKAI BP-B10C Turntable

Sorry for the crosspost but give the lack of info on the web about
this topic... this is my best hope.

Back in 87 I bought a Technics SL-J33 linear tracking turntable. I
wanted that CD-like direct access and the more accurate tracking
linears were supposed to offer. Since I used the turntable mostly for
recording tracks.... I found I hated the damn thing.

So when someone was giving away an old turntable my first question was
"is it manual". It was. So I'm now the owner of AKAI AP B10C belt
drive.

My questions are...

Just how old is this model?

What did it go for new?

On a scale of 1-5 how good was it?

I'm just curious whether it's worth putting any money into.

Thanks!