B. Oogey

Default botched .wave

Hello:
I have 2 problems that I suspect might have the same solutions.

I suspect that I changed the gain too many times and have files with an
unclear sound. Kind of like singing with a blanket on top of the mike.

The other problem is that I recorded with almost dead batteries in my mike
power supply (condenser mikes) the volumes came out too soft and when I
make them louder the best way that I can describe it is that it sounds like
the singing was done inside a small metal box.

I am using Sonar 4

I tried adding EQ with a little success but not a lot. Is that the way to
fix the problem, if it is possible? I fear that the only way to do it is to
just repeat the recordings. I already fixed the intonation, rhythm, and the
like and would and would prefer not to have to re-record.
Many thanks,

Mike Rivers

B. Oogey wrote:

I have 2 problems that I suspect might have the same solutions.

I suspect that I changed the gain too many times and have files with an
unclear sound. Kind of like singing with a blanket on top of the mike.

That shouldn't make it sound like there's a blanket over the mic.

The other problem is that I recorded with almost dead batteries in my mike
power supply (condenser mikes)

That could make it sound like there's a blanket over the mic.

I fear that the only way to do it is to just repeat the recordings.

That's the solution to both of your problems, and really the only
solution. This time, make sure your gear is working properly before you
start recording and you shouldn't have any trouble. Rhythm and
intonation are other things that you should fix going in and not depend
on modern miricles to take care of those problems, but I suppose that's
asking too much these days.