Tmuld

Default Sound Forge and mixing .wav files?

Hello,

I want to take several .wav as separate tracks and put them together.

I have never used Sound Forge - will this program do this?

I think I can do it with Vegas Video.

Or what would be a better program to take different .wav (or any sound
files) mix them together as separate tracks or just join them together?

Any free products out there?

Thanks,

Tmuld

Mike Rivers

Tmuld wrote:

I want to take several .wav as separate tracks and put them together.
I have never used Sound Forge - will this program do this?
I think I can do it with Vegas Video.

It depends on how you're using the term "tracks." If you mean tracks in
the sense of tracks on a CD, like you want to string several different
songs (that are stereo recordings) together end to end, then, yes, you
can do this with Sound Forge.

If you mean tracks in the sense of individual recordings of the drums,
the piano, the guitar, the vocal - different parts of the song that you
need to mix together to make a complete song, then no, Sound Forge,
which isn't a multitrack program, wouldn't be appropriate for this.
Vegas would.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Tmuld" wrote in message oups.com...
Hello,

I want to take several .wav as separate tracks and put them together.

I have never used Sound Forge - will this program do this?

I think I can do it with Vegas Video.

Or what would be a better program to take different .wav (or any sound
files) mix them together as separate tracks or just join them together?

Any free products out there?

Thanks,

Tmuld

If "tracks" is equal to completed mixes of songs, yes... SoundForge will
make quick work of it.

DM

Geoff Wood

"Tmuld" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I want to take several .wav as separate tracks and put them together.

I have never used Sound Forge - will this program do this?

I think I can do it with Vegas Video.

Aas SoundForge is a stereo editor, it is not ideal for doing what you want
if any variable degree on control over the mixing is required.

You have more preview capability and envelope control with vegas (Vegas
Video and Vegas Audio died out years ago - it's now just Vegas).

Yes there are free products out there, but you already have (?) Vegas which
is amoungst the best...

geoff

RD Jones

Tmuld wrote:

Hello,

I want to take several .wav as separate tracks and put them together.

Do you mean end-to-end 'in series' ?
Or side-by-side like a multitrack ?

I have never used Sound Forge - will this program do this?

You can splice .wav files end to end very easily
via the typical copy and paste routine.

If you want to 'mix' you can do it but's a little clumsy.
You open seperate windows and copy and paste/special (mix)

Better to have a real multitrack program.

I think I can do it with Vegas Video.

Yes !

Or what would be a better program to take different .wav (or any sound
files) mix them together as separate tracks or just join them together?

Vegas, CEP/Audition, ProTools, Cubase, etc,etc.

Any free products out there?

ProTools Free,
Audacity or several other various open source programs.
www.sourceforge.net

rd

Master Mixing Marc Pro Audio 13 February 28th 05 09:26 PM
Samplitude 7.0 vs Sound Forge Rob Lynch Pro Audio 5 March 8th 04 08:04 PM