Richard Gecko

Default Alternate to Peak or ProTools

Hi all,

Wish to record with an Apogee Mini-Me on a Powerbook, and I'm tired of
hooking up the M-Box just to use Protools. Tried Peak but it's not very
intuitive, as least for me.

Anyone have other suggestions? Simple one or two track recording and
editing is all that's required, and bouncing down to MP3... or I'll do
that with another program afterwards.

Thanks for thoughts.

RG
Peter

go to http://www.felttip.com/

and download sound studio..... try it and i bet you will love it and
pay the shareware fee.... i have been using it to record my stereo
mix to make CD's for people to remember and listen to their shows...
not quite top-40 ready, but pretty darned good! no need to dump OSX!!

it does not convert to mp3, but itunes does that readily....

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:00:09 GMT, Richard Gecko
wrote:

Hi all,

Wish to record with an Apogee Mini-Me on a Powerbook, and I'm tired of
hooking up the M-Box just to use Protools. Tried Peak but it's not very
intuitive, as least for me.

Anyone have other suggestions? Simple one or two track recording and
editing is all that's required, and bouncing down to MP3... or I'll do
that with another program afterwards.

Thanks for thoughts.

RG

Rich

I use DSP Quattro on OSX for mastering as an alternative to Peaks. If two
tracks are all you need, it's pretty straight forward. There's a demo
version you can try to see if it works the way you want to.
http://www.i3net.it/Products/dspQuat...sp?Language=EN

Rich

--
www.richiebee.ca
www.funkydory.ca

"Richard Gecko" wrote in message
Hi all,

Wish to record with an Apogee Mini-Me on a Powerbook, and I'm tired of
hooking up the M-Box just to use Protools. Tried Peak but it's not very
intuitive, as least for me.

Anyone have other suggestions? Simple one or two track recording and
editing is all that's required, and bouncing down to MP3... or I'll do
that with another program afterwards.

Thanks for thoughts.

RG

Marc Wielage

On Aug 16, 2005, Richard Gecko commented:

Wish to record with an Apogee Mini-Me on a Powerbook, and I'm tired of
hooking up the M-Box just to use Protools. Tried Peak but it's not very
intuitive, as least for me.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Peak just went to a new version, rechristened "Peak Pro," which overcomes
some of the problems and limitations of the old version. I think you'll find
it a little better to use.

The bad news is that they upped the price considerably, plus it now has a
permanent USB dongle. Still, in the absence of Spark, it's probably the best
widely-available 2-track editor for Mac OSX.

--MFW

danger

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:59:54 GMT, Richard Gecko
wrote:

Funny stuff... I guess. I only wanted a suggestion for an alternate
audio recording and editing program.

Gecko

Pyramix by merging tech.